Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Indoor Cricket

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokomotiv View Post
    Serious suggestion: increasing the number of defense players from 11 to 12.
    Under the current laws 1 sub is allowed in fielding. So increasing 1 fielder has no difficulties, I think.
    Fascinating.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    Serious suggestion: increasing the number of defense players from 11 to 12.
    Under the current laws 1 sub is allowed in fielding. So increasing 1 fielder has no difficulties, I think.
    how about making some suggestions and putting down some rationale with them of how they would improve the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

how about using google to answer your questions while you're at it?
    Proudly supporting the world's no 1 spin bowler Rangana Herath and the mighty Sri Lankans!

I even made a domestic thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    how about making some suggestions and putting down some rationale with them of how they would improve the game.
    Increasing the number of fielders will increase the number of outs, thereby making games more speedy and spectacular.

Increasing the number of fielders will increase the number of outs, thereby making games more speedy and spectacular.

U19 Cricketer
    Please stop posting.

I'll post this here, and hope you understand.

Cricket is a game with long standing traditions. The people who love it are generally purists who are very sensitive to any changes in the game. Most posters on here (I think) prefer traditional 5 day test match cricket to the newer versions of the game. So when you come in here saying "why not have 12 fielders instead of 11" or "why not use baseball style gloves" or something else silly, no one takes you seriously, and we think you're either an idiot, a troll, or someone who has no understanding of cricket at all.

So if you do like cricket, maybe watch some for a while, and get in to the rhythm of it. Understand what it's about. It doesn't need any of your "innovative" changes. If you like it, continue watching and maybe post here. If you don't like it, find another sport you do like and stop posting suggestions in here about the sport we like.

Not the worst idea. Emailed the ICC the details. Expect to see it implemented in the next year or two in T20 and 50 over cricket going on past evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post

Cricket is a game with long standing traditions. The people who love it are generally purists who are very sensitive to any changes in the game. Most posters on here (I think) prefer traditional 5 day test match cricket to the newer versions of the game. So when you come in here saying "why not have 12 fielders instead of 11" or "why not use baseball style gloves" or something else silly, no one takes you seriously, and we think you're either an idiot, a troll, or someone who has no understanding of cricket at all.

So if you do like cricket, maybe watch some for a while, and get in to the rhythm of it. Understand what it's about. It doesn't need any of your "innovative" changes. If you like it, continue watching and maybe post here. If you don't like it, find another sport you do like and stop posting suggestions in here about the sport we like.
    Thank you for your response. I have never watched a Test. I have attended several CB40/YB40 games, ODIs, and T20s. From that viewpoint, I cannot understand why the number of outs is not counted, and 251-10 beats 250-0. So I have to learn much about Cricket.

My friends who likes Football, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Hockey, and GAA say that Cricket is too boring. So I was thinking about improvement of Cricket, like maiden out.

By the way, I was a Baseball (not talking about Welsh Baseball, but US-born Baseball) mad when I was a primary school child. But there are too many shortcomings in Baseball, like left-batters have clear advantage, intentional 4-balls, intentional foul-hitting, etc.

Sorry, I posted a video which I had already posted. I am posting another one, video of intentional foul-hitting.
    Last edited by Lokomotiv; 21-09-2013 at 01:19 AM.

This is a wide-known event in High School Baseball in Japan.
    Japan's legend Matsui Hideki received intentional 4-balls 5 times in a row in a game.
    Thank you for your response. I have never watched a Test. I have attended several CB40/YB40 games, ODIs, and T20s. From that viewpoint, I cannot understand why the number of outs is not counted, and 251-10 beats 250-0. So I have to learn much about Cricket.

My friends who likes Football, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Hockey, and GAA say that Cricket is too boring. So I was thinking about improvement of Cricket, like maiden out.

By the way, I was a Baseball (not talking about Welsh Baseball, but US-born Baseball) mad when I was a primary school child. But there are too many shortcomings in Baseball, like left-batters have clear advantage, intentional 4-balls, intentional foul-hitting, etc.

This video is a famous intentional 4-balls 5 times in a row in a game *same video as previous one*

Maximas likes this.

This is what I truthfully think of you Monk

Damn.

Also, Lokomotiv is a quality poster, up there with Hooksey and Swingpanzee

I love Hookesy. I haven't seen much of Swingpanzee but I love his name.

Icon7

Yes I understand what you say. I had a same experience on a Rugby Union board. (I suggested the reduction of the number of on-pitch players from 15 to 13 by abolishing Flankers, like Rugby League.)

However, Cricket is changing rapidly. Who could predict the current 50-over style World Cup 80 years ago? So suggesting some radical changes is not trolling. (Of course I understand that I am new to Cricket.)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information