• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
The Pakistan and England series was played on good tracks. They weren't breaking up in 2 days.
I know, I am just saying that Pakistan will see their best chance having pitches that turn square, whatever they organise with the groundsmen etc COULD have an exaggerated effect. Pakistan will have their best chance in the first test and could launch a psychological blow that might give them an advantage in test 2 AND no Amla for SA.

7 months without test cricket for the no1 team in the world is inexcusable.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
I see a slow start for SA in the warmup, Smith falling early for 2 and SA only scoring 9 off 7 overs, 50 from 21 overs and ending the session with 67-1 off 26 overs. with Amla and Alviro getting good time in the middle.

Last edited:

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
South Africa 201-1 at tea, Kallis on 54 and Dev on 29.

Un fortunately seems like a very flat pitch with very little proper spin being bowled by Pak, with an average guy and a rookie.

Kallis taking on this bowling.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
As I mentioned before, Pak and England series was in Jan/Feb when the weather is colder with fog in the morning. Temp now is 30 degrees, so the pitch will be different.

SeamUp

International Coach
Don't forget this is in Sharjah. Different pitches a possibility.

Smith probably needed the practice the most but he isn't too big on scoring runs when it doesn't matter.

Heboric

International Debutant
Uh Oh, I wonder if we will get results in the test series

What's with 13 players for each side?
They always do this for first warm up games on tour, they just allow all the players a run, not classified as a first class game anyways

salman85

International Debutant
Pretty surprised that Irfan is in that Test Squad. I don't think he's fit enough to play a 5 day match.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Two wickets all day and one of them was Faisal Iqbal, must be disappointing.

Match seems like a bit of a net.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know what's more funny - Manzoor failing twice or the fact that the home side is playing a 'tour match', really sucks to be Pakistan