• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v South Africa in UAE

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
politically it might be Pakistan. Cricket wise, probably Zimbabwe
Biased, on both counts too. For Pakistan's standard, or in my mind what I think their standard is they are far below where they should be. For Zimbabwe to beat Pakistan even though it wasn't a big win is still a long way above where they should be. That's not to say that Zimbabwe are a better side on average but I think Pakistan have some issues like WI and Aus atm. Both capable of a good test or even series but not what I'd expect of them

smash84

The Tiger King
So what are you trying to say? On the cricketing front are Pakistan more in trouble or Zimbabwe?

The Battlers Prince

Zimbabwe aren't as good as Pakistan, but I would generally expect more from Pakistan as they have had so many great players/teams compared to Zimbabwe.

EDIT so Zimbabwe are in more trouble.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
We can expect absolute roads now thanks to Pakistan's batting display in Zimbabwe.
wouldn't have thought so tbh, Pakistan would probably just crumble under the weight of runs the Saffers would score, square turners more likely IMO

smash84

The Tiger King
Definitely praying for minefields. That is our only chance.

If the wickets are like the one against England, where Ajmal can be more than a handful and the SA pace battery is somewhat negated, then I would fancy our chances

The Battlers Prince

Definitely praying for minefields. That is our only chance.

If the wickets are like the one against England, where Ajmal can be more than a handful and the SA pace battery is somewhat negated, then I would fancy our chances
I think you don't want to get your hopes too high, but if the pitches suit then you never know. Need to pick up from the series against Zimbabwe. But a change is only a game away. Agree with the players your saying about too, who need a big series.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
If the pitches are as flat as they were last time it might be something they seriously look into.

and if it is a huge turning wicket then. I am not a fan of tahir, but unfortunately I just dont see that morkel could add more to the attack there than tahir or even simon harmer.

Then again would pakistan or the UAE risk making rank turners that break up after 2 days? really it wouldnt satisfy the ICC. would be a huge risk.

smash84

The Tiger King
If the pitches are as flat as they were last time it might be something they seriously look into.

and if it is a huge turning wicket then. I am not a fan of tahir, but unfortunately I just dont see that morkel could add more to the attack there than tahir or even simon harmer.

Then again would pakistan or the UAE risk making rank turners that break up after 2 days? really it wouldnt satisfy the ICC. would be a huge risk.
The Pakistan and England series was played on good tracks. They weren't breaking up in 2 days.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Pakistan and England series was played on good tracks. They weren't breaking up in 2 days.
While I didn't watch that series, it was an extremely low scoring series want it? There were numerous scores of below 150 from both teams. Probably just **** batting though.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Pakistan batting is always ****.........England batted really badly against spin.....some good bowling too mind