• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Niall

International Coach
Mankad incident turns close finish controversial - ESPNcricinfo

Good to see Salman Butt is against the mankad. About time someone stood up to such a disgraceful act that brings our game into such regular disrepute.

Really though, that backing up form by Irfan is absolute piss.
Kamran Akmal also was kicking off on twitter, superb stuff, that bowler is expected to play for Pakistan sooner rather than later, already rooting for him. :laugh:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
During the rest of the year rainfall forecasts decrease as the day in question approaches. During the cricket season, they increase.

cnerd123

likes this
During the rest of the year rainfall forecasts decrease as the day in question approaches. During the cricket season, they increase.
we only play club cricket in Hong Kong on Saturday and Sunday

typhoons in HK only last for 1 day. The effects of the typhoons put cricket grounds out of commission for 3 days. So if it's a typhoon, then we cannot play cricket the day before (heavy rains), the day during (rains and typhoon warnings) and the day after (still recovering from the rains)

We had two weekends in a row where HK was hit by a typhoon on Sunday. Consecutively. In a row. Two whole weekend's abandoned.

It was perfectly warm and sunny and dry in the days between.

****ing weather man.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Crichq entering receivership. Hopefully all data including my seasons average is deleted.

Burgey

we only play club cricket in Hong Kong on Saturday and Sunday

typhoons in HK only last for 1 day. The effects of the typhoons put cricket grounds out of commission for 3 days. So if it's a typhoon, then we cannot play cricket the day before (heavy rains), the day during (rains and typhoon warnings) and the day after (still recovering from the rains)

We had two weekends in a row where HK was hit by a typhoon on Sunday. Consecutively. In a row. Two whole weekend's abandoned.

It was perfectly warm and sunny and dry in the days between.

****ing weather man.
Yeah, but does it rain there in June?

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I wonder if the swing and unpredictable bounce is as bad during a Hong Kong typhoon as it is at Chester-Le.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone else ever not bother with the toss? At my bottom grade game last saturday we were adamant about batting, the other team were equally adamant about bowling (for some reason) so we didn't even do the toss.

We belted the crap out of them and won by 126 runs.

Last edited:

Daemon

Anyone else ever not bother with the toss? At my bottom grade game last saturday we were adamant about batting, the other team were equally adamant about bowling (for some reason) so we didn't even do the toss.

I was stand in captain once and our keeper was late. I went over to the opposition captain and asked him whether it's possible for us to have a bat first. He had somehow figured out that it was our keeper that wasn't here, refused to rig the toss and put us in to field after winning it.

Would have loved for it to be a big **** you to them and have them 10/3 or some crap, but in reality I took the gloves, gave 4 byes and spilled a catch as they raced to 50/0 in like 5 overs.

srbhkshk

International Captain

Sounds like Mushfiqur captaining against SA.