• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Perhaps this comes from a bowler's mentality, but I think that if the batsmen are seeking an advantage in the form of gaining runs or leg byes during an appeal then any resultant dismissal because of those actions should stand. It's perfectly fair to me.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyone listen to Lara's speech? Some fascinating stuff about the West Indian greats of the 70s-80s generation and some of their gamesmanship. A lot of points where he took very thinly veiled shots at WICB and some journalists too.

Last edited:

joerob96

Cricket Spectator
T20 Blast Finals Day Music:

Bit of a stab in the dark, but does anyone know what music they played as the teams entered the field for the final at Edgbaston on Saturday? Can't find it anywhere and it was a tuneee. It sounded like the Foo Fighters, could be the Foo Fighters for all I know.
Cheers

OverratedSanity

Anyone listen to Lara's speech? Some fascinating stuff about the West Indian greats of the 70s-80s generation and some of their gamesmanship. A lot of points where he took very thinly veiled shots at WICB and some journalists too.
Just to add to this, there were so many moments where Lara was less than charitable towards Viv too. It's always been kind of known they've had problems but it was uncomfortably obvious here.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I saw a feature yesterday where Saurav Ganguly selected all time India XIs for test and ODI. He selected himself the captain of both teams. LOL. He had Kapil, Gavaskar, Dhoni etc to pick captains from. What a megalomaniac.
I agree with Ganguly.

Burgey

Young bloke has to do a PE assignment comparing two people from the same sort >30 years apart. He chooses Doug Walters and Mike Hussey. So on Sunday he walks up to adoug and says "Hey Dougy, I'm doing an assignment on you."

"What's it about?"

"Mate I have to compare you with Mike Hussey".

"Bloody hell, I wasn't as good as him".

Discuss.

TheJediBrah

Young bloke has to do a PE assignment comparing two people from the same sort >30 years apart. He chooses Doug Walters and Mike Hussey. So on Sunday he walks up to adoug and says "Hey Dougy, I'm doing an assignment on you."

"What's it about?"

"Mate I have to compare you with Mike Hussey".

"Bloody hell, I wasn't as good as him".

Discuss.
we're not doing your sons homework for you

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Are we actually gonna give a pass to Burgey not scolding Burgey Jr. into doing the assignment on Border? Fake TOTAB fan Burgey busted!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Before this test, New Zealand briefly was ranked higher in tests than Australia. Had this ever happened before? If so, when and for how long?

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
12 (didn't know how many balls it took Warner to score the fastest Australian Test 50). I thought a lot of them were pretty easy.

(Minor correction - it was actually "Australian Test cricket 1945-").

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
TBH, the Doug Walters and Mike Hussey comparison is an interesting one.

Hussey was known as Mr Cricket for his dedication to the game, his commitment to training and getting everything right for the game. Doug evidently warmed up by having a dart and throwing a dart into the dart board.

Also interesting to note that Dougy debuted at 20 while Hussey had to wait til he was 30. Yet Hussey played more tests than Doug in an 8 year test career compared to a 16 year one.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
TBH, the Doug Walters and Mike Hussey comparison is an interesting one.

Hussey was known as Mr Cricket for his dedication to the game, his commitment to training and getting everything right for the game. Doug evidently warmed up by having a dart and throwing a dart into the dart board.

Also interesting to note that Dougy debuted at 20 while Hussey had to wait til he was 30. Yet Hussey played more tests than Doug in an 8 year test career compared to a 16 year one.
The last part is just modern day scheduling though.