• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

cnerd123

likes this
like what even is this post limit it to 3-4 names to make it a challenge

that's seriously like me saying i reckon i could make a good cricket team out of these names

smith
jones
hobbs
bradman
chappell
waugh
warne
hadlee
you have to use 11 names for both the first and last names man.

I don't know any Smith Hobbs or Jones Warnes

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Young bloke has dived forward in the field this mor Kong to take a Cath and dislocated a finger. Fmd. It's popped back in and he's back out there but it shuts me that this happens just when he's in such good form. It'll hurt like a bastard tomorrow and he's a got a game to play ffs.

Midwinter

State Captain
And a winning result. Went off wih cramp in the field after keeping all yesterday afternoon though. Soft ****.

Young bloke has dived forward in the field this mor Kong to take a Cath and dislocated a finger. Fmd. It's popped back in and he's back out there but it shuts me that this happens just when he's in such good form. It'll hurt like a bastard tomorrow and he's a got a game to play ffs.
Ah, a father's pride

:)

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Turn off your spelling auto correct on your phone FFS mate.........posts like this are just not Burgey like.

Burgey

Good point mate. I apologise.

Anyway, he played this arvo and made 20 odd opening in seniors so he'll be right tomorrow. Finger's very swollen though.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
hit 58 today in my 3rd outdoor game back after 4 years

it's only my 4th ever fifty and i played from 8-21 so i dunno what happened haha

the ball before I got out i clipped it off my legs for 6 and it bounced into the river so they had to bring out a new ball, and i was telling myself 'okay dont change what youre doing etc' and first ball i pop it back the easiest catch ever to the bowler to make his figures respectable

mr_mister

Tasker Park(Campsie) down in 6th grade... but there are some decent players down here. No-one bowls too quick though.

We were bowled out for 195 chasing 266

mr_mister

yeah, great exercise and i don't mind fielding as much this time around. kind of relaxing standing there, can do lots of thinking haha

i got 8 and 15 before today so it's good to actually show the guys i'm a potential force with the bat

what grade you do play?

mr_mister

no sorry, i meant i played cricket every summer from ages 8 to 21 and this is only my 4th fifty

trying to subtlely imply i'm not a great batsmen. i've got the shots but a horrible temperment

Burgey

yeah, great exercise and i don't mind fielding as much this time around. kind of relaxing standing there, can do lots of thinking haha

i got 8 and 15 before today so it's good to actually show the guys i'm a potential force with the bat

what grade you do play?
Playing B52s (B8s) for Wenty Waratahs in the Parra comp.

Had a year off for the first time in forty seasons last year, have come back this year and tbh it's. It that enjoyable. Not because I haven't scored many runs but because the team is mostly youngish blokes, a number of whom are doing their HSC and they expect me to field at times. Outrageous.

Finally timed them ok yesterday and got sawn off by the umpire, who came up at the drinks break ten minutes later and apologised. I told him not to worry, it happens and it's B8s so who cares. He said "No, that decision was really bad. It was going down leg and you hit it. As soon as I have it I realised it was a shocker".

"Actually mate, come to think of it, it really was a **** decision tbh".

Doesn't matter, we've won on day one already, and I'll be in Bali next week so he can go **** himself.

Burgey

Bansktown allout 62 in the Weblin this morning. Wicket apparently a bit like India away - soft

Burgey

The parra juggernaut rolls on. Match called off at lunch with us 3/85. Young bloke out just before lunch for 17.

Burgey

TPC showing his class by wishing his Indian friends happy Diwali. You never see a spud like Lolhi wishing his Australian friends a Happy Australia Day.

Mostly because he has no friends.

cnerd123

likes this
TPC showing his class by wishing his Indian friends happy Diwali. You never see a spud like Lolhi wishing his Australian friends a Happy Australia Day.

Mostly because he has no friends.
A) I don't see any Diwali wishes from Herath?
B) Assuming you're talking about Steve Smith, I find it funny you think he's showing his class by doing something that Donald Trump has done too.