• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenya are apparently gonna tour Australia before their WCL matches against Papua New Guinea at the end of May. Anyone able to scare up the itinerary would be a big help

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's even the point of racking up numbers like that? You'd think it'd get old after a certain point...

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I have a sneaking suspicion that Tino's escapades are, well, a figment of his own imagination.

cnerd123

likes this
I haven`t seen anything about this so maybe I missed it
ICC to discuss multi-format points system in board meeting | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

My immediate response was nonsense... but I have not really thought about it and was wondering what the general consensus is?
They trialled this in the Women's Ashes didn't they? And the players seemed to like it.

Not a big fan of it myself. Would rather keep all the formats separate. This would add some relevance to otherwise meaningless ODIs and T20s tho.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
We already know ODI series following a Test series have REVENGE ODI series status. This points system just seeks to capture the mood in a numerical format.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
We already know ODI series following a Test series have REVENGE ODI series status. This points system just seeks to capture the mood in a numerical format.

Ideally, I would enjoy them being kept separate like right now but if they HAVE to mess around with it, I would rather see them put together ODIs and T20s and leave the tests out of it.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Team management said Silva appeared to have been struck just below the back rim of the helmet - in the padded wings that became part of helmet design following Phillip Hughes' death. Teammates believe the injury could have been more substantial if he had been wearing a helmet without this added protection.
Can't believe ****s aren't wearing this still. Unless your name is James Taylor or Temba Bavuma, it's probably more important to wear it in close in catching positions since you tend to look away when it's hit hard.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I think we're getting a lot more reporting of it too, and team officials are taking head knocks far more seriously (as they should).