• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah if anything T20 wickets tend to be even more road-y than ODIs these days, though both are generally very batsman friendly.

T20s can be more interesting because the batsmen are forced to take more risks and bowling variations become more relevant, whereas in ODIs a large part of the innings can be just working the ball around and waiting for the bad ball.

TheJediBrah

All international teams touring India will now play one practice match against Afghanistan. The move is set to constantly provide high quality exposure to the budding cricketing nation.
Teams touring India to play practice matches against Afghanistan: BCCI | Cricbuzz.com

I suppose this is a good idea; if Afghanistan do well in these tour games, they are likely to get more opportunities to play test matches.
Yes they should do this with Ireland and tours to England as well. If ICC needs to subsidise it then so be it.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I managed to finally see some footage of a certain I.L. Pont bowling today. I knew he'd been influenced by baseball, which someone here pointed out also extends into some of the details of his coaching, and I must say it's quite noticeable.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes they should do this with Ireland and tours to England as well. If ICC needs to subsidise it then so be it.
Why not just outright make these tour matches tests though. They have the status now and the scheduling obviously isn't an issue

Daemon

All international teams touring India will now play one practice match against Afghanistan. The move is set to constantly provide high quality exposure to the budding cricketing nation.
Teams touring India to play practice matches against Afghanistan: BCCI | Cricbuzz.com

I suppose this is a good idea; if Afghanistan do well in these tour games, they are likely to get more opportunities to play test matches.
All hail the BCCI

Sure now Afghanistan will forever vote together with them but it's not like they wouldn't get their way regardless. All in all a good outcome.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Great stuff by BCCI. it's a pity they can't be test matches but that is really up to the other boards I guess. The fact they'll be there and playing now might help them decide to up the status to a test.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Every India tour should include Afghanistan - done. Every English tour should include Ireland. Every South African tour should include Zimbabwe and every Australian tour should include New Zealand.

OverratedSanity

Daemon

Great stuff by BCCI. it's a pity they can't be test matches but that is really up to the other boards I guess. The fact they'll be there and playing now might help them decide to up the status to a test.
Yeah, we're all pretty happy with how this stands as of now but if a year or two down the road two full members are still playing FC games instead of tests the sentiment will change.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Yeah, we're all pretty happy with how this stands as of now but if a year or two down the road two full members are still playing FC games instead of tests the sentiment will change.
As I said, that is up to the touring boards to make it test status. This is one area I'd love to see BCCI use their weight and force tourists to make them tests. If (when) Australia tours and doesn't make it a test I'm going to be really dirty.