• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions League Twenty20

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, was just thinking about that. What could have been if his career hadn't been so ravaged by injury. :(

Flem274*

123/5
I love Nick Beard. Looks like a thrower and shook off the clean honest image of the plucky kiwi with that "catch"

Where's Brumby when you want him?

Flem274*

123/5
Khurram is so ****e. Don't know how he is still there. Put Misbah on strike.

oh good, he's run out of luck.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
@JimmyNeesh 2h
7 weeks ago we cut a strip in a park in Dunedin and started bowling in 5 degrees. Now on the bus to game 1. Fizzing.
Kind of pissing me off actually Jimmy that the key to changing NZ's 1st Test out-of-season horror shows seems like it might just be straight-up cash.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good catch that.

If Rutherford hadn't premeditated that he could've waited and hammered it, was a seriously **** delivery.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Am I late in noticing that Ponting is not in the Mumbai Indians squad?

Are you telling me that the great man's final ever cricket game was for Antigua Hawksbill, in a match where Kemar Roach inexplicably batted ahead of him?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
ahaha, I love how James McMillan probably suckered that guy in just with the (lack of) length of his run up.

It's sad in a way. Imagine how fast this **** was in his younger years with his full run up? 140kph off a meandering few steps at 35 years old ffs.
I remember watching him bowl in a T20 match back in 2007/08. He was tearing in and bouncing the batsmen regularly, and they looked genuinely frightened. Another member of the lost generation of NZ fast bowling. We all watched in horror as the flower of our nation's youth was cut down in a hail of bio-mechanics clinics.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Otago have a big challenge tonight. Kand have Sangakkara, Herath, Mendis, Kulasekara, Randiv and a few other internationals like Silva and Tharanga.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricket: Ten Doeschate returns for Champions League qualifier | Otago Daily Times Online News : Otago, South Island, New Zealand & International News

The good news is Otago's prospects in tonight's Champions League qualifier against the Kandurata Maroons has improved with the arrival of Dutch international Ryan ten Doeschate.
The bad news is Volts coach Vaughn Johnson has to make a tough call about who to leave out of the starting XI.

Otago was impressive in its eight-wicket win against the Faisalabad Wolves in game one last night. Brendon McCullum whacked an undefeated 83. The seam attack of James McMillan, Ian Butler and James Neesham picked up two wickets apiece in a disciplined effort with the ball.

Ten Doeschate was in devastating form for Otago during the the HRV Cup, scoring 401 runs at an average of 50.12. He will play unless bad luck strikes before the toss.

With Otago playing so well, no-one deserves to miss out but the unlucky player probably shapes as Aaron Redmond.

He is one of only three players in the Otago team to score a twenty20 hundred and can be devastating on his day.

Neil Broom is an obvious candidate but seems to enjoy the faith of Johnson and McCullum.

Broom has been in good touch on the tour but is a notoriously slow starter and nicked out second ball last night.

Nathan McCullum failed to enhance his reputation with a poor bowling performance, but he is an experienced and proven performer who is capable of winning matches with the ball and bat.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
When the SLPL fell over they had to just quickly make teams up, is that what you mean?