• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DoG's Top 100 Test Batsmen - 100-75

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, it was day 1 of the 4th Test. Amir's no ball came in the middle of him destroying England's top order IIRC.

Broad and Trott did their rescue act day 2 then the no ball story broke between day 2 and 3.
Oh fair enough.

Much of my attention on that series was down to the spot-fixing controversy, so I didn't know that much about the detail.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Does Aravinda's 105 against Waqar and Wasim (95 coming off in the 1st session, first day), whom he tore apart on a green pitch doesn't qualify as a great innings? His 167 at Brisbane and 267 at Wellington may be the ones that are indicated here.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Does Aravinda's 105 against Waqar and Wasim (95 coming off in the 1st session, first day), whom he tore apart on a green pitch doesn't qualify as a great innings? His 167 at Brisbane and 267 at Wellington may be the ones that are indicated here.
A rapid 127 out of 226 vs. Wasim and Waqar in 1994 (14.43 points)
1st Test: Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Colombo (PSS), Aug 9-13, 1994 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

143* chasing 326 in the 4th innings vs. a decent Zimbabwe outfit in 1998 (15.29)
2nd Test: Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe at Colombo (SSC), Jan 14-18, 1998 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

The Brisbane knock fetched 12.02 points, thereby just missing the cut, whilst the 267 scored 11.78 points.

Expressway76

U19 Vice-Captain
A rapid 127 out of 226 vs. Wasim and Waqar in 1994 (14.43 points)
1st Test: Sri Lanka v Pakistan at Colombo (PSS), Aug 9-13, 1994 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

143* chasing 326 in the 4th innings vs. a decent Zimbabwe outfit in 1998 (15.29)
2nd Test: Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe at Colombo (SSC), Jan 14-18, 1998 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

The Brisbane knock fetched 12.02 points, thereby just missing the cut, whilst the 267 scored 11.78 points.
Just out of curiosity, what was the highest score of the best innings in your great innings list?

Days of Grace

International Captain
Oh, okay. I thought he was asking the highest score, i.e. 400* by Lara.

Anyway, the highest rating was achieved by Brian Lara against Australia at Bridgetown in 1999 (25.47).