• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Australia shoots down suggestion Nine will influence selection

Ruckus

International Captain
I mean really god help us if it does happen. I remember a while back 9 commentary didn't even know who a domestic player was before debuting (might have been Copeland), despite them dominating shield for like 2 seasons.

ajdude

International Coach
I mean really god help us if it does happen. I remember a while back 9 commentary didn't even know who a domestic player was before debuting (might have been Copeland), despite them dominating shield for like 2 seasons.
nah copeland never made his test debut because it didn't happen on channel 9 tbh

in other news matthew hayden is still the holder of the highest test score

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
This Nine TV rights deal is going to end well there's no doubt about that. Haha

And the hits just keep on coming for Cricket.

uvelocity

International Coach
it was forkers and the hes on debut meme was born. ajdud was there at the time. poor form from ajdud forgetting

Ruckus

International Captain
if its james faulkner, the person i was talking about was way before he debuted, so it must have happened twice

uvelocity

International Coach
actually i didnt read what you wrote, what happened with forkers is he had already debuted, and then they said he was on debut when he wasnt. hadn't heard of a domestic player could have been anyone really

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
history of the Cweb debut meme

I'm assuming James Faulkner will debut today, who do you think he'll replace?

I'm going to go with Shaun Marsh. I think Marsh is a fine T20 player usually but for the sake of the team Voges will be moved up to 3 where he played domestically with success and then Bailey will be listed at 4 although most likely Maxwell or Wade on there home ground will bat there to try and lift the run rate or whatever.
'I'm assuming James Faulkner will debut today'

whatever
Time will tell chump.

Its getting to the stage where you play for Tassie you play for Australia. They have like 11 current players (if Faulks debuts) who have represented Aus.

Cowan, Cosgrove, Ponting, Bailey, Paine, Faulkner, Hilfenhaus, Doherty, Krejza, Laughlin, Bird. Only Doolan and Butterworth to go really.

'I'm assuming James Faulkner will debut today'

whatever
Forkers Faulkner will definitely debut tonight, and I expect it to be in place of Cutters Cutting or Lockers Laughlin, although there's no doubt Australia are a bowler short as proven by having to bowl Finchers Finch. Maybe they'll drop Adam Voges??
I really doubt Faulkner will definitely debut tonight tbh
he'll probably play, but he definitely will not debut
Holy **** that game completely escaped my attention. Was in France at the time to be fair.
Lockers off to a terrible debut
Good start for Dilshan on debut.
I laughed when Healy said the umpire was on debut. **** you NUFAN.

TumTum

Banned
1. Barry Humphries
2. Kylie Minogue
3. Crowded House
4. Daryl Somers
5. Michael Clarke
6. Phar Lap
7. Lionel Rose
8. Hamish and Andy
9. Bert Newton
10. Graham Kennedy
11. Don Lane
Better than current Aussie team, no?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, you'd have marketing execs picking people based on how well they appeal to the target demographic of the week ("how about you pick Ellyse Perry, I hear she can bowl and she would be very popular with the 40-49 male demographic"), meanwhile the blokes in Shield cricket making runs (optimistic, I know) and taking wickets get overlooked for Glenn ****ing Maxwell again ("He hits big sixes, the 12-16 male demographic loves big sixes, pick him").

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
For the amount of dosh Ch 9 paid CA to get the rights they have every right to select your team, name the captain and decide on the batting order.........should probably have a say at the toss too.

Channel 9 own your ass CA.