• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You're probably one of the best in the world to see amazing odds in these WC qualifiers too -

https://www.tab.co.nz/sport/#1357
https://www.tab.co.nz/sport/#1358

I'd like a stickied thread for ***Official*** Prince EWS Betting Tips itbt, or post them in here if you can. :p
Bet365 and Betfair let me bet on those anyway so I got in on Namibia's win just now. Nepal are potentially decent value against Scotland but I don't really know a lot about the Nepal side in general other than the fact that they're on the way up; it'd be a bet based on the descent of Scottish limited overs cricket alone so I wouldn't invest too heavily in it.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
I see Gloucestershire's finest James Fuller at the top of the t20 wickettakers list. Near the top last year as well. Wonder if he might think about changing allegiances again back to NZ.

I notice on his profile for Glos he says his ambition is to play international cricket(doesn't mention a country so possibly keeping his options open still) and his home is still Auckland. Getting To Know? James Fuller | Gloucestershire Cricket

Has always struggled with niggling injuries for Glos but looks from the stats to have shined the last two winters for Auckland.

Flem274*

123/5
eh did he take a bag today or something? has spent the last two seasons looking amazing but getting smoked.

played for otago last year ftr, but he is definitely committed to england.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
eh did he take a bag today or something? has spent the last two seasons looking amazing but getting smoked.

played for otago last year ftr, but he is definitely committed to england.
This isn't a very good post, Flem. About the only thing 100% correct here is that he played for Otago last season.

Flem274*

123/5
Checked the stats and you're right. A couple of games from last season must be muddling my memory because his overall records for Auckland and Otago are good.

Hasn't he said numerous times he's committed to England? Because if there is a hint he isn't we should nab him. Looks a ridiculously good talent (maybe not in the most recent televised game where he seemed well down on pace and all over the shop but last season when he was bowling with heat) and it would be a shame to lose him. I think I'm 100% correct on that at least as well.:p

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
ND secure Williamson in the end for the semi only. No Boult due to a minor injury.

Cricket | Northern Coach Slams Black Caps Management... | Stuff.co.nz

Northern Knights coach James Pamment has fired a shot at the management of the Black Caps for robbing him of two key players for tomorrow night's domestic Twenty20 preliminary final against Canterbury.

Pamment was told he would have hard-hitting allrounder Corey Anderson and pivotal death bowler Tim Southee in his side for the match at Hamilton's Seddon Park, but the Black Caps brains trust have flip-flopped on their original decision.

Instead, that duo, who are a key part in all three formats for the Black Caps, have been ordered to rest ahead of the opening one-day international against India on Sunday, following their involvement in the Twenty20 series against the West Indies, which wrapped up last night in Wellington.

"Black Caps management said they were all available to play but that's since been rescinded, which is obviously really disappointing," Pamment said. "They [management] probably would have been better off to say that they weren't available rather than telling us that they were and now they're not. So we're really disappointed that Tim and Corey won't be with us on Friday night.

BC_fan_abored

School Boy/Girl Captain
This may have been mentioned earlier in the thread but it is really ****ting me how an imported hack like Trego is getting a game yet a local guy with a decent average, Greg Hay, can't buy a match in first class. Trego's not making the England side or the Kiwi one, meanwhile Hay gets older and misses out on a potential NZ career. Really atrocious decision making by Central Districts. Given my previous posts I probably seem like Hay's mother but the guy was decent and just seemed to get discarded.

Flem274*

123/5
Hay is the third best batsman in the province after Taylor and Will Young imo, despite his -ism with dat backlift. Chops is busy locking his knees and hitting through the line and How is almost done.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Chops is better than Hay IMO. Hay's better than KNB though whose bowling is a bit of an irrelevance when Trego is playing.

KNB is Sammying up the side really.

Flem274*

123/5
Chops has regressed massively technique wise imo, provided he still bats like he did on the A tour (haven't watched him a huge amount since). Back when he was getting hit he was still compact as **** on the front foot. Now he bats like he's made a conscious effort to channel some Guptill and Power Papps in the hunt for some limited overs success. Either that or now that he stands taller he's slipping into poor habits. Only he could say really, and I wish him the best.

I think Hay, despite dat backlift and the angle the bat comes down, still does more right than Chops. Scores lots of runs too whenever they play the poor bloke.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
This may have been mentioned earlier in the thread but it is really ****ting me how an imported hack like Trego is getting a game yet a local guy with a decent average, Greg Hay, can't buy a match in first class. Trego's not making the England side or the Kiwi one, meanwhile Hay gets older and misses out on a potential NZ career. Really atrocious decision making by Central Districts. Given my previous posts I probably seem like Hay's mother but the guy was decent and just seemed to get discarded.
Trego has been excellent though. Hard to argue against his inclusion in domestic cricket when he's clearly playing at a high standard and therefore raising the overall standard of cricket.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
That was a year ago though, and his efforts for Glos last season didn't exactly scream pick me. The fact he's still coming down to New Zealand for the local domestic comps would suggest to me that he's probably keeping his options open. Still, the way England are churning through sub-par cricketers at the moment, he might well get an opportunity to wear the three lions for a random T20 before long, and if he does that'll be that.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
That was a year ago though, and his efforts for Glos last season didn't exactly scream pick me. The fact he's still coming down to New Zealand for the local domestic comps would suggest to me that he's probably keeping his options open. Still, the way England are churning through sub-par cricketers at the moment, he might well get an opportunity to wear the three lions for a random T20 before long, and if he does that'll be that.
I think the irony is he's likely to get picked sooner by England but in a shorter run and then dropped forever if he doesn't perform (and as much as he's gun that's likely imo) whereas if he declared allegiance here he wouldn't be picked straight away, but would develop a bit longer and have a better chance at a longer career.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I think the irony is he's likely to get picked sooner by England but in a shorter run and then dropped forever if he doesn't perform (and as much as he's gun that's likely imo) whereas if he declared allegiance here he wouldn't be picked straight away, but would develop a bit longer and have a better chance at a longer career.
Yeah, completely agree.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
James Fuller - kristin.school.nz

2011:
"I have always wanted to represent New Zealand in Cricket. However, as well as a professional sporting career, I have also always wanted to be a doctor; so, at the moment I'm studying at Otago University. I'm in my second year of a BSc degree in Neuroscience and really enjoying my time as a student. I'm getting used to this ‘double-lifestyle' idea early, as training seems to have become almost a full-time job. Here at Otago Cricket we train under Chris Donaldson who represented New Zealand in Sprinting at two Olympics. We do a range of trainings that include bike and pool sessions, sprint trainings on the track and sand dunes sessions (which we like to call the ‘spew sessions' and for good reason), as well as weights four times a week. In a typical week we would have up to 12 sessions with Chris and that's just the fitness work. Add the five sessions of Cricket-orientated skill sessions and it makes for a very busy week. I think it helps that at school I was a relatively hard worker. I really enjoyed Maths and Science. However, I was definitely not a fan of French – I just never clicked with it! I was always extremely nervous about speeches in English class, like most other students, but I was normally pretty outgoing and always looked forward to the prospect of after-school sports practices.

I really am striving to play international Cricket and to test my skills and ability against the best of the best in world Cricket. I also want to play in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Since 20/20 has taken off so much, I think being named in an IPL side would be an absolutely awesome experience and a sign of ‘you've made it' in Cricket.

I still also want to become a doctor like my father, and I have an interesting list of ‘other' aspirations: I want to run the 100m in under 10.5 seconds; I want to juggle five balls for one minute; and I want to be able to throw left-handed over 60m.
Seems like a pretty progressive and well-to-do type of guy. Unlikely to be harbouring VJ and Jacob Duffman's myopic little grudges against the much-loved global brand of Brett Lee, just because he turned the Volts down on a Champions League date.