• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Good effort this from Bracewell, got his ton, now been 15 overs for the 9th wicket stand.

12 overs to go.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Sixth draw coming up for Auckland.

288/3 at the end of their batting points; that's 1 out of 4 points.

Bradburn: "Lack of Devcich X-factors and poor bonus point awareness! Your fans will be livid!"

Matt Horne and Andre Adams:

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
Good effort this from Bracewell, got his ton, now been 15 overs for the 9th wicket stand.

12 overs to go.
He started to score runs? Just checked the scorecard last I looked he was about 10 off 100. Great innings third of the season.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Any indication as to whether the internationals will play in the final round? Obviously Baz will sit it out, and I suspect that Taylor and Southee might have the week off as well, but it would be good if everyone else is involved.

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
The game at EPOO next could mark the end of the FC career for a few stalwarts.
I hope they announce that they are retiring before hand but I wonder if it is the end of the road for -
Tim Macintosh
Gareth Hopkins
Bruce Martin

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, leg spinners. I noticed the Kitchen wicket. But I also noticed one of Cachopa's boundaries was from a chest high leg spinning full toss ......

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Cmon champ.

Anyway on a lighter note - and Howsie will enjoy this immensely - look at Santner's dismissal in ND's second innings. After being ripped out by a Grunt 115km thunderbolt in the first innings, he came in to a Bon Jovi tribute band from Wellington's fielders:

'Oh oh he's halfway there, oh oh, Santner's on a pair!'

And lead singer Jon Bon McKay got to get the hip thrust and chorus out as Mitch chipped out to make it a double blob. Amazing stuff. What a player

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
He has developed a carom ball too. It's not particularly good.

I generally agree with conventional spin wisdom in that your stock delivery should be used and worked on 99% of the time and if you don't have a good stock delivery you won't make it as a test bowler, but NcCullum is never going to develop a ripping off break at his age and I like the fact that he's prepared to try things.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyway on a lighter note - and Howsie will enjoy this immensely - look at Santner's dismissal in ND's second innings. After being ripped out by a Grunt 115km thunderbolt in the first innings, he came in to a Bon Jovi tribute band from Wellington's fielders:

And lead singer Jon Bon McKay got to get the hip thrust and chorus out as Mitch chipped out to make it a double blob. Amazing stuff. What a player
Is there a video of this?

Blocky

Banned
Cmon champ.

He's 22 with a first class tonne in his last match, and he wasn't the only ND player who absolutely sucked in the game - considering Elliott took five. Like I said, he'll be a better prospect for ND than Sodhi will in less than two years. Sodhi has the benefit of being in the Black Caps setup with apparently the best coaches the country has to offer and an abundance of net bowlers and net bowling in good practice facilities to get the **** right.

Go look at Santner's ND A record, compare it against Sodhi's A record, then come back to me.

Blocky

Banned
He has developed a carom ball too. It's not particularly good.

I generally agree with conventional spin wisdom in that your stock delivery should be used and worked on 99% of the time and if you don't have a good stock delivery you won't make it as a test bowler, but NcCullum is never going to develop a ripping off break at his age and I like the fact that he's prepared to try things.
NcCullum's best hope in test cricket would be developing his batting to the point of a guy that could comfortably bat six but like you, I think he's too long in the tooth now which is a shame, because he'd probably have done a better job than the guys we've tried since Vettori.

Flem274*

123/5
Cmon champ.

:lol: