• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lokomotiv's Proposed Changes to Cricket

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
WIkipedia is useful, but not totally reliable since there is no peer review.
I've had the lecture a thousand times thanks. Seriously theres a massive article on the history of the rules somewhere, and even if only 70% of it is correct you will still learn a massive amount

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Wikipedia is generally reliable. History of cricket laws info doesn't need a peer review.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Could you tell me the average age of retirement of good Batsmen?
ICC should establish a new annual prize "Ten Dollar Carl Trophy" for the best Batsman of the year.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
The current World Cup format should be changed to that of the WCL.
Every team meets twice, on the Home & Away format. Away team has the right to choose batting first or fielding first.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Thank you. So, how Cricket would change if a new law "maiden out" was introduced?
Bowlers would change approach to concentrate on run containment at the expense of planning wicket taking plays.
Batsmen would adapt and dilute the principle of playing the ball on its merit.
In-ring fielders would gain more prominence.
Slips would be in danger of becoming extinct.
Test cricket would be in danger of resembling the boring middle overs of ODI cricket.