• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Research Help!

Oliver_Evans

Cricket Spectator
Dear all,

I am currently undertaking research on online communities as part of my master’s degree at Aberystwyth University under the supervision of Jan Breitsohl. It would be really appreciated if you could spare 5 minutes of your time to complete this survey as it will determine whether I get future funding for my academic career.

Crisis Communication Survey - Aberystwyth University

All your responses will be anonymous and there will be no identifiable information associated with your responses.

Thank you for your help!

P.s. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at any time.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Was only joking tbf. Am acutely aware of the difficulties in obtaining funding. Do intend to fill out the survey.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The only problem is that it seems like he is doing research on something like media studies. Don't want any more public money diverted that way :D

harsh.ag

It's for a Marketing course, looking into the behaviours of community members.
You might want to have a controlling parameter taking into account the unique features of the different forums. CricketWeb, for example, only has members from the 10-15 cricket playing nations. This makes it feel like more of a closed group than a regular one which usually has members from many countries, and it is easier to feel more comfortable here. I wouldn't discuss things like I do here at a general sports forum. At least that is how I feel. Might not be true for other members.

harsh.ag

How do you suppose it might be less "comfortable" on other boards, out of interest?
In a general sports forum, random commentators, who are actually fans of other sports, sometimes just walk in on the discussion and spew all kinds of garbage. They don't even stick around to find out if they were mistaken, they just don't care. Ruins the flow of the discussions and makes my comments less valuable. The majority of these are Indians and Americans. Bums.

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Garbage eh? None of that around here.
At least they stick around to listen to arguments, since they are actually cricket fans, and sometimes they change their minds. And sometimes, not to mention, they get banned :ph34r: