• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst Commentators

FRAZ

International Captain
viktor said:
I won't argue about the others, but Manjrekar , good?? no way...
the next time he says "Te-e-e ndulakar" , im going to be short a TV set
Hmm he is also good but the thing is he is just another Indian commentator . A lesser biased. its hard to find a "lesser" offcourse .

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The worst I have heard are the MAX team and Peter Bacellas and tose clowns from SuperSport covering the SA/PAK series in 2002.

Craig

World Traveller
Is it me or does Nassur Hussain pronounces Shivnerine Chanderpauls' name Chandrapaul?

Last edited:

Sudeep

International Captain
Yes, you're correct.

I myself pronounce him as Chandrapaul. A sub-continental thing I think, I've heard Manjrekar pronounce the same, if I'm not wrong.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are Hussain and Flintoff, having an affair? Hussain has done nothing but sing the praises of Flintoff every time he is infront of the microphone. It is a little sickening TBH.

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
Arjuna Ranatunga is the worst commentator i've ever heard in my life.

Bob Willis and Richie Benaud are the best. And i like Manjrekar as well cos he India's most regular commentator

Langeveldt

Soutie
Craig said:
The same question came into my head last year except it was Botham and Harmison.
And Nicholas and Harmison, and Nicholas and Flintoff..

Nicholas is really really starting to annoy me now... Best listen to TMS with the volume down.. Nothing beats aggers and foxy (still)

bhajji

Banned
shastri is a joke.....

shastri is the most overrated ***** ;he himslef has done nothing much all his career but crticises ganguly our most sensational captain ;shastri sure is a jealous son of a bitch of the success of this indian team hahaha.....

bhajji

Banned
shastri is a joke.....

shastri is the most overrated ***** ;he himself has done nothing much all his career but crticises ganguly our most sensational captain ;shastri sure is a jealous son of a bitch of the success of this indian team hahaha.....

Swervy

International Captain
bhajji said:
shastri is the most overrated ***** ;he himself has done nothing much all his career but crticises ganguly our most sensational captain ;shastri sure is a jealous son of a bitch of the success of this indian team hahaha.....
:huh:

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Dar said:
Bob Willis and Richie Benaud are the best.
Bob Willis!???????????????????????!!!!?!??!?!?!?!?!
The pompous, miserable, contrary Bob Willis!?!?!?!?!

You're having a laugh. He deserves to be shot

Langeveldt

Soutie
steds said:
Bob Willis!???????????????????????!!!!?!??!?!?!?!?!
The pompous, miserable, contrary Bob Willis!?!?!?!?!

You're having a laugh. He deserves to be shot
he is soooo miserable... I wonder how the hell he got a job on Sky? Surely there are loads of people (with massive playing reputations) and a better voice..

Son Of Coco

Jim Maxwell is terrible.

"The french cut, they practice that shot in the nets" is one of his best...... :wacko:

Mister Wright

Son Of Coco said:
Jim Maxwell is terrible.

"The french cut, they practice that shot in the nets" is one of his best...... :wacko:
Hmmm...Maxwell has his moments. He is terrible on cricket 2004 though.

Son Of Coco

Mister Wright said:
This is probably more for the Aussies, but if anyone knows of any other realy **** commentators - throw 'em in.

The commentator I reckon is the worst is Ian Chappell. For a guy who knows so much about cricket and could give so much insight into the game he spends so much time talking about absolutely nothing.

He can spend over half an hour talking about a batsman's grip or a crack in the pitch, someone in the crowd, anyway you get my drift.

Other candidates - Mark Taylor, Shane Warne, Simon O'Donnell, Mark Nichollas (sp)

We all know who the greatest of all is - Kerry O'Keefe. And I have been impressed with Harsha Bogle (sp?) and Greg Chappell.
Is Mark Nicholas the guy that also was involved with the State of Origin this year? He's a complete and utter tool, just another one of Kerry's brown nosers who's been thrown into sport (possibly sports) that he obviously has no idea about. He's up there with the great commentator choices such as Ray Martin and Ken Maxwell calling the cricket.