Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Commentators

Hmm.. Bhogle seems to be a popular commentator in Australia

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by vishnureddy
    Maybe he is the most sought after in the commentary field
    I cannot see why?!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Personally I think cricket is served very well in this sphere. All C4 and Channel 9 are very good although i'm not impressed by Warne. Not too fond of the SKY team though. Willis, Lloyd and Allott bore me to tears. And Botham and Colvile are just pathetic. And their studio experts just toe the party line (Alec Stewart being the worst when he did the gig during the India tour which he chickened out of). Knight, Butcher, Gough, Croft, Ramprakash, Ward et al are all as banal as each other.

Compared to UK football though Cricket does very well. Boycott is my fave and the sooner he is back on the better. I think he is being victimised because he gave some old brass a clip. I'll also mention Simon 'Yozzer' Hughes and Gower as well as no one has referred to them yet.

Other greats are Cozier, Benaud, Lawry, Ian Chappel and Ian Smith. Atherton is also getting better and better. Boring at first but now has the right balance...will only improve.

International Captain
    Originally posted by raju
    Boycott is my fave and the sooner he is back on the better. I think he is being victimised because he gave some old brass a clip. I'll also mention Simon 'Yozzer' Hughes and Gower as well as no one has referred to them yet.
    Your be very happy with this news then..

"Geoffrey Boycott's exile from the Test match commentary box in England will end next summer when he is to join Channel 4's team for their coverage of the two series against New Zealand and West Indies. "

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Other greats are Cozier, Benaud, Lawry, Ian Chappel and Ian Smith. Atherton is also getting better and better. Boring at first but now has the right balance...will only improve.
    Cozier??? Cozier??? The man has been commentating on West Indian cricket for years and yet...

"Chandrapaul" - his name is Chanderpaul
    "Sharwan" - Sarwan

Also, he talks as if he's played years of professional cricket...

Cozier is knowledgeable on certain topics, but I find myself having to correct him all too often. Also, he can be a little biased in his writing at time.

Finally, to close my rant, I can't stand his voice.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Cozier is knowledgeable on certain topics, but I find myself having to correct him all too often.
    If there's a single cricket commentator on any station anywhere that I've ever listened to that I've never had to correct I'll eat my computer.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

(Alec Stewart ... the India tour which he chickened out of)
    Chickened-out of? Don't make me laugh.
    What did he have to chicken-out of? He had simply been touring non-stop for about 13 years and had the understandible wish for a break. Same with Goughie.
    The old excuse that people are scared of touring India is long gone. No players pull-out of subcontinent tours just because it's the subcontient any more.
    Caddick and Croft and more recently a whole load of Kiwis pulled-out because of the threat (or in India-England case supposed threat) of terrorism but that's entirely different - I can tell you for certain that Croft at least had virtually no choice because had he gone his wife would practically have died of hysterics.

Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Cozier??? Cozier??? The man has been commentating on West Indian cricket for years and yet...

"Chandrapaul" - his name is Chanderpaul
    "Sharwan" - Sarwan

Also, he talks as if he's played years of professional cricket...

Cozier is knowledgeable on certain topics, but I find myself having to correct him all too often. Also, he can be a little biased in his writing at time.

Finally, to close my rant, I can't stand his voice.
    Is he Bajan? I have a feeling he is.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    The Australians Commentry (except Benaud) are shocking. They mad India WIN seem so lifeless, with their crappy, lifeless call during the final session. With 20 runs to win, comments like 'if India win' were just out of place. They should have been congratulating the Indians on a job well done.

Sidhu is great for an hour or two, but by god, he can get so annoying after that...
    "Matt Damon"

Originally posted by Richard
    What did he have to chicken-out of? He had simply been touring non-stop for about 13 years and had the understandible wish for a break. Same with Goughie.
    Agreed, they announced they wanted a break before September 11th, and cannot be accused of being chickens by any stretch of the imagination.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    The old excuse that people are scared of touring India is long gone. No players pull-out of subcontinent tours just because it's the subcontient any more.
    Caddick and Croft and more recently a whole load of Kiwis pulled-out because of the threat (or in India-England case supposed threat) of terrorism but that's entirely different - I can tell you for certain that Croft at least had virtually no choice because had he gone his wife would practically have died of hysterics.
    You know Mr. and Mrs. Croft personally do you?
    Caddick is gutless as any relevent Test match against the Aussies shows.

Stewart and Gough always banged on about how much it means to play for their country. If this is so why turn down the chance to represent England? Read Gough's pitiful autobiography for a mass of contradictions regarding this (as well as his confirmation as a professional Yorkshireman).

How many of you guys would spurn any chance to play for your side?

You know Mr. and Mrs. Croft personally do you?
    My Grandad knows all the Glamorgan players; I've met most of them a few times, and I've met Crofty's wife once - and that was enough. Grandad filled me in on the rest.
    Caddick is gutless as any relevent Test match against the Aussies shows.
    I disagree. There are many bowlers who have gone to pieces against Australia's batting-line-up, and Caddick has gone to pieces on other occasions. He's just never been as consistent since June 2001 as I'd like him to be.
    Stewart and Gough always banged on about how much it means to play for their country. If this is so why turn down the chance to represent England? Read Gough's pitiful autobiography for a mass of contradictions regarding this (as well as his confirmation as a professional Yorkshireman).

How many of you guys would spurn any chance to play for your side?
    You think now "I'd never turn-down the chance to play for my country" but you try travelling and playing as much as an English cricketer has to do, and putting in as much as Stewart (wicketkeeper, star-batsman, captain) and Gough (fast bowler with long run and explosive action) do. Eventually spending time with your family and having a rest becomes more important. It's not quite the same for other countries - they all have a break some time in the calender.
    Anyway, you said "chickened-out", not "turned their back on their country", which is what you now seem to be accusing them of and what some idiots in our press accused them of.

Pinball Champion!
    Eventually spending time with your family and having a rest becomes more important. It's not quite the same for other countries - they all have a break some time in the calender..
    Im afraid thats not the case.. Thanks to the lovely knowledgable folk at the ICC, I think you will find most sides are playing shocking amounts of cricket... I think Zimbabwe have historically gone the furthest... Time spent with loved ones must be really sought after now...

Anyway, whats this with Mr Croft's wife? Would you care to fill the uninformed in?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

My Grandad knows all the Glamorgan players; I've met most of them a few times, and I've met Crofty's wife once - and that was enough. Grandad filled me in on the rest.

Well that confirms it. Because your Grandad said it, it must be all true.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    And I've met Crofty's wife once - and that was enough.
    Whats wrong with Crofty's missus then?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information