• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in England series 2013

Flem274*

123/5
Herald this morning.

Mitchell McClenaghan said:
"I've spoken to Shane briefly about how much work he had to do to get back from his injuries. He's been helping me get my head around not being at full pace. I still need to put more work into my legs because I'm quite a few clicks down from where I was in New Zealand. Hopefully I'll be at full speed by the start of the Champions Trophy.
Cricket: McClenaghan wickets all about balance - Cricket - NZ Herald News

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
England should definitely play two spinners assuming they're both up to international standard. If you base it on the theory of doing what the opposition would least like you to do, then you would certainly play both Swan & Tredwell against sides like NZ, Aust & SA.

Гурин

School Boy/Girl Captain
Would really like to have Tredwell and Swann in the same bowling lineup, probably England's best ODI bowlers, or very close to it - dunno if you could get away with two off-spinners, but it's better than having another seamer serve up rubbish.
Yep, expecially in ODIs, where a spinner is limited to 20% of the total overs, while there are pitches where you'd bowl him from start to finish. So there's no reason really why it could be accetable (if legal) to bowl an offie for 20 overs on the trot but not two of them under current rules.

Way too many rubbish bowlers have seen their careers saved, prolonged or even started only because they bring 'variety' bowling something different than the country's best bowlers (Rubel's the first one that springs to my mind).

And meanwhile, Williamson's out.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Was it really a beautiful delivery, or was it a decidedly poor shot against a ball which kept low?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would really like to have Tredwell and Swann in the same bowling lineup, probably England's best ODI bowlers, or very close to it - dunno if you could get away with two off-spinners, but it's better than having another seamer serve up rubbish.

Yeah, been saying it for awhile, Tredders hardly ever seems to let England down. Doesn't look a cricketer but is.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Williamson got hit in the nuts again...

Quite the double blow that...

Edit: Meant for Williamson, not the back to back wickets for NZ.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Haha, I was just about to say...."Colin, please don't look village"..and he plays that shot.