• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Indian Premier League 2013

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Grrr Shastri you blind bastard it was a long half volley. That will never be a length ball you complete and total imbecile.

Sunrisers need to be aggressive to defend this, no point trying to keep it tight - need to knock people over.

Scaly piscine

Yep, too defensive. It wasn't a typical dry slow nonsense wicket. Had to capitalise on the pace, movement and bounce before the batsmen used the nice pace to play through the line, on the up etc.

They bring back Steyn as the last throw of the dice and they have one slip. Seriously.

They just let Watson get into stick cricket mode.

Scaly piscine

Pretty limp effort to get make his ground there.

Nice to see one of those top edges go to a fielder instead of skimming over the keeper for 4.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I think a lot of credit should go to Mitchell Johnson for the Mumbai Indians win, he didn't let Gayle settle down and bowl tremendously well under pressure, Dhawan and Harbhajan got wickets, but it had more to do with the pressure that Johnson and Malinga created at the start.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
And the Jaipur wicket, where PW and RR played was a wonderful wicket, I hope there are more such wickets in the tournament, it would test the batsmen and not give away easy runs, and hats off to Dravid, he bats lower in the order on flat wickets and on a difficult wicket he comes on the face the first spell from Steyn and play him out so that its easier for the others.
Watson's innings was just amazing, he's unstoppable when he gets going.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think a lot of credit should go to Mitchell Johnson for the Mumbai Indians win, he didn't let Gayle settle down and bowl tremendously well under pressure, Dhawan and Harbhajan got wickets, but it had more to do with the pressure that Johnson and Malinga created at the start.
Yeah I watched that spell. Mitch was not afraid to bowl it full. Was a good spell of bowling.

Good post.

Satyanash89

Banned
I hate Indian cricket crowds even more after what happened yesterday... not cheering opposition players and captains enough in international matches is bad enough, but now in the IPL, you boo one of your future stars and call him a cheat because he affected a brilliant runout? **** these people. It was obvious what happened to Rayudu wasn't intentional, and it's a shame these pathetic crowds aren't knowledgable and fair enough to understand that.
Oh well, this will just be brushed off again by saying Indians are "passionate" about cricket. :dry:

social

Kallis has new hair, yeah yeah*

*might be a few months/years too late but first time I have noticed it

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wonder if Dhoni has the balls to bowl Ashwin. Can't imagine he will. Prob not the right move anyway with Yusuf in

Scaly piscine

Kallis FTL

Yusuf you ****ing hack take the second. Commentators can **** off as well saying Yusuf is more capable.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
There's this little troupe- Shahbaz Nadeem, Yuzi Chahal, Ajt Chandila, and several other spinners with very serious economy rates but poor strike rates. Would you fill the Indian team with such bowlers? It's a tough call, since you've got two other spinners- Mishra and Ojha- who have very impressive strike rates but not too far behind in economy rates- and also Ashwin and Yuvraj Singh- productive spinners who can also contribute with the bat. Besides, I have my suspicions about these economy-class bowlers on flat decks- they often end up expensive.

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
The effort these teams put into getting gayle out is on another level... It's the Aussie's attitude towards him that worked wonders for MI yesterday.. Gayle did score his fastest test century against Johnson, Bollinger etc but it's the same attitude about cramping him for room and using bouncers. I love the respect guys like Ricky Ponting gives to Gayle because he recognize the match winning quality of guys like him.. I guess playing Warne, Johnson, Gilchrist etc made him appreciate stand out players much more than the avg person.. I can just imagine Ricky Obsessing over Gayle.. and Johnson was stand out winning games for Ricky against SA which explained why Johnson continued playing after his form went.. Ricky Believed in him.. Gayle needs to come up with something tho to fight back.. MI bowling is good with Bhaji and Malinga - experienced and proven wicket takers plus Johnson can be effective when he gets it right.. And with Everybody focusing on getting his wicket Gayle was up for it.. plus chasing 190 did not help.

Last edited:

Satyanash89

Banned
Virat kohli abusing the spectators - YouTube!

Hate it when Indian audiences do this... unnecessary provocation, and then they upload it with a misleading title as well.. Kohli's obviously a douche but 0:35 was a clear cheap shot and a terible thing to say, especially to a hothead douchebag like Kohli.:laugh:
This time, I'm totally on his side... only south India crowds in India are sporting and knowledgable... the rest... awful

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
Grrr Shastri you blind bastard it was a long half volley. That will never be a length ball you complete and total imbecile.

According to Modi, Shastri earns a "few million dollars" in the ipl

Lalit Kumar Modi @LalitKModi Shastri used to get close to few million dollars. If I remember correctly. "@drum222: @lalitkmodi how much commentators get paid in ipl"