• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Robson
2. Henry
3. Maddinson
4. Henriques
5. Rohrer *
6. Nevill
7. Copeland
8. O'Keefe
9. Sandhu
10. Hazelwood
11. Bollinger
The Postman has to be skippering, surely. SoK doesn't want it, and nobody else could conceivably do it (except Henriques maybe, and that went brilliantly last time).

Someone other than Patterson really needs to stand up in grade though - no batting depth past this with the Test players gone.

Oh and it wouldn't surprise me if SoK is inexplicably dropped (or splits his webbing again) for Jason Krejza.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Have they still not released the Shield fixtures? Doesn't it start in a month?

Edit: Well, no, it doesn't, but they haven't released the Royobi fixtures either, and that does.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Have they still not released the Shield fixtures? Doesn't it start in a month?

Edit: Well, no, it doesn't, but they haven't released the Royobi fixtures either, and that does.
I don't think they actually expect anyone to attend the games so a month out seems a long time. :p

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Australia ‏@CricketAus 57s
Greg Chappell responds to comments regarding the Futures League and its role in developing Australian cricketers: Changes made to benefit future

In recent weeks, former first-class cricketers, Theo Doropolous and Dirk Nannes have also had their say.

What a shot that is by Greg Chappell

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
The Gabba's grass has been ripped up to be replaced in time for the first Ashes test. It's about time; it's looked shocking the past few summers with the disease that went through it.

1185403_705855972774538_1960172416_n.jpg

217640-0e58d2b6-0ecc-11e3-a17b-e4d7d22d1cd1.jpg

The Gabba turf is set to be replaced this week, ahead of the first Ashes Test on 21 November.

The new field will take up to two weeks to install and then have around eight weeks to bed down.

Recreation and Sport Minister Steve Dickson said it was the first time the turf had been replaced since

Respected Gabba Curator, Kevin Mitchell Jnr, said the age of the field was making it more difficult to
manage.

“While the field is always safe, fit for purpose and meets the requirements of all major hirers, the
transition period from winter to summer is becoming more difficult to manage, resulting in a sometimes
patchy appearance.”

The current field will be removed and replaced with 20,000sqm of washed ‘Legend’ couch.

As is common at most major venues a three metre strip of artificial turf will be installed around the entire
boundary.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I just found out that channel 9 (or GEM) are definitely going to be showing the Ryobi Cup matches. I don't know for sure if they will show every game, but its looking good.

The draw has been worked out, I'm sure it will be released very soon. Like I said earlier in the month, Bankstown are hosting 7 matches, the first match there will be NSW vs Tasmania on Sep 29th. Tasmania play 4 times at Bankstown Oval, Vic 3, SA 3, NSW 2 and QLD and WA once.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The Gabba's grass has been ripped up to be replaced in time for the first Ashes test. It's about time; it's looked shocking the past few summers with the disease that went through it.
I don't see how ripping up the turf changes that.