• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well yeah, but Maddinson isn't playing and Marsh isn't an opener I think. I think it's a good sign, shows that they're serious about seeing how he goes down the order rather than bringing him back to the Australian squad as their 10th opener.

brockley

International Captain
Kane Richardson @krichardson47
Good luck to my mate @jakehaberfield moving to Melbourne today. Go get them Snake. #pace #100blackcoffins #club420
Tony Montelene moved back to WA from Vic.

brockley

International Captain
Tim Coyle is currently over in Sri Lanka with a group of 6 AIS scholars. They have played four games in a team with some local players against local clubs, winning three of the four matches. Victoria’s Peter Handscomb has scored runs while his State teammate James Muirhead and South Australia’s Adam Zampa have both taken wickets on a spinning deck. Unfortunately the 4th 50-over match was reduced to 20 overs due to rain however, Jordan Silk (35 off 37) and Handscomb (27no off 24) combined to add 45 for the 2nd wicket to virtually seal the game with the win coming in the 19th over.

We have come under fire in recent times for our inability to play spin but the work we are currently doing with both the AIS scholars and U19 team in the sub-continent is allowing us to expose these young players to those types of conditions early and improve their skills in this area.
CA website.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Why would the QLD Bulls bother with a warmup T20 match considering they don't actually compete in a T20 competition. Its not a huge deal or anything, but I just find it interesting that states bother with it, considering their squads are not contracted to play T20 Cricket and I wonder if say the QLD Bulls give more opportunities to Heat players over a cricketer who is contracted with another T20 franchise.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Fast bowling loads at this stage of the year wouldn't allow for many more than four overs in a day in a competitive environment anyway, I would think.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Oh so its an injury maintenance thing. Fair enough, I guess its ages before the season starts really.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
5 day shield games is a good move, allows results on more docile pitches while also encouraging longer more mentally/physically straining contests which really prepare you for the real thing and separats the boys from the men.