• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think they can guarantee Zampa games in all forms at stages during the year, he just won't be getting every game.

Not sure if his leggie has enough on it to math the type of wraps that Pascoe is giving him.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think they can guarantee Zampa games in all forms at stages during the year, he just won't be getting every game.

Not sure if his leggie has enough on it to math the type of wraps that Pascoe is giving him.
Well Len seems to think Steve Smith is some sort of rival to Zampa which is obviously....

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
zampa bowls too slow with not enough spin on the ball - he has a good wrong-un and good control though. I'd say if Smith were to get his control in order he would be better than Zampa.

As far as Muirhead staying, I doubt he'd get much of a go for the vics with Fawad Ahmed and Clive Rose around, I guess Holland would be back around then too.

brockley

International Captain
Joshua Connolly from Canberra Comets moved to Sydney bowls a doosra,useful replacement for Zampa.
Where is Botha in all this,Redbacks won't play 2 spinners.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Joshua Connolly from Canberra Comets moved to Sydney bowls a doosra,useful replacement for Zampa.
Where is Botha in all this,Redbacks won't play 2 spinners.
Adelaide shield pitches were turning a lot this season, so there is every chance they will, I imagine Lyon and Botha will play as the two for most of the year then another spinner may come in while Lyon is on test duty. Not sure how many seasons Botha plans to play for SA anyway.

Andre

International Regular
Issue with Botha is his batting as much as anything else - think they were hoping he could hold his own in the top 7 but looked a bridge too far. Guessing they'll try it again though with Zampa coming down.

Spikey

if they get McDonald, and they probably won't but let's say they do, we'll gonna see some interesting selections

Andre

International Regular
Nah McDonald would make it much more straightforward. They'd have a 3rd seamer in the top 6 so they could play Botha at 8. Would help them no end.

Spikey

yeah but it's not like SA are struggling for seamers either. Would basically ensure Richardson doesn't get a game, for example. Hence the interest

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
1. Klinger
2. Some poo opener
3. Someone rubbish
4. CalFerg
5. Ex-Sydney/Melbourne Grade batsman
6. Ronnie
7. Luders
8. Botha
9. Zampa
10. Mennie
11. Sayers

Assuming Hughes and Lyon on duty, obvs.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Klinger
2. Some poo opener
3. Someone rubbish
4. CalFerg
5. Ex-Sydney/Melbourne Grade batsman
6. Ronnie
7. Luders
8. Botha
9. Zampa
10. Mennie
11. Sayers

Assuming Hughes and Lyon on duty, obvs.
I think Raphael will open with Klinger and Travis head will go in at 5/6, is Zampa the one who misses out on non-turning tracks and when Lyon is playing?

bondi beach

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Zampa has gone to SA. Abbott, Bills, Conway, Cruickshank, Doran and Lalor deserve to be delisted after the season they have had. My NSW squad for 2013 /14 would be:

Batsmen: Clarke, Watson, Warner, Maddinson, Rohrer (c), Henry, Hughes, Patterson
Keepers: Haddin, Nevill, Dawson
Spinners: O'Keefe, Smith
Seamers: Bollinger, Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, Henriques, Copeland, Sandhu, Tremain

I would like to see rookie contracts scrapped completely as either you're good enough for a full contract or you're not! No one has performed well enough in the Futures League or Grade Cricket to deserve being offered a contract.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Zampa has gone to SA. Abbott, Bills, Conway, Cruickshank, Doran and Lalor deserve to be delisted after the season they have had. My NSW squad for 2013 /14 would be:

Batsmen: Clarke, Watson, Warner, Maddinson, Rohrer (c), Henry, Hughes, Patterson
Seamers: Bollinger, Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood, Henriques, Copeland, Sandhu, Tremain

I would like to see rookie contracts scrapped completely as either you're good enough for a full contract or you're not! No one has performed well enough in the Futures League or Grade Cricket to deserve being offered a contract.
Pick Sam Robson, IMO.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

Really no one in grade performed well enough?

With the squad you've selected obvs Clarke, Warner, Watson, Haddin, Starc and Cummins have CA contracts so surely a few more spots are up for grabs. I think Abbott might get one.

Spikey

i dont see why Conway would lose his contract and Sean Abbott actually performed solidly for the 2nd XI so i wouldn't delist him if we dont have to. he remains an interesting prospect

Spikey

indeed, being only 21yo and having already scored two tons in the 2nd XI, a case could be made for saying Abbott is one of the best batting prospects in the state!