• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pietersen vs Sangakkara

better batsman tests

• Total voters

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Cucumbers are good to have in the summers. I don't like them bland but they are okay in small quantities with salt and lime.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Will be honest - I specifically instruct the Subway "Sandwich Artists" to forgo the cucumbers every time.
I usually ask them to leave out the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers. The lettuce tastes, well, ****, and the enormous heap they stuff into the sub gets in the way of the delicious meat and extra cheese that I actually bought the sandwich for. The tomatoes never seem to properly break when I bite into the sub and I end up having to drag the half bitten tomato slice out of the sub and finish it which is annoying, so out they go. Cucumbers are just too hard and crunchy and don't seem to fit very well in burgers or sandwiches. Or in anything else for that matter.

OverratedSanity

WAC. I love capsicums. Yet another reason to not vote for you in BOTM.
Piss off. No one likes capsicums and no one likes you. They only pretend to like capsicums coz it's easy as **** to cook and people pretend to like you coz it's easy as **** to get likes. In the end, your likes are capsicum food. Abundant and useless.

cnerd123

likes this
Err, what's there to love in capsicums?
Crispy, sweet, go well with everything. Make a spicy stir fry and they add a nice bit of sweetness to it, make a salad and they add a good crunch. Add them to a pizza and they add a bit of both. Dice it up and you can add it to a sandwhich. They are colourful too and look great in presentation. I don't see whats not to like.

I usually ask them to leave out the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers. The lettuce tastes, well, ****, and the enormous heap they stuff into the sub gets in the way of the delicious meat and extra cheese that I actually bought the sandwich for. The tomatoes never seem to properly break when I bite into the sub and I end up having to drag the half bitten tomato slice out of the sub and finish it which is annoying, so out they go. Cucumbers are just too hard and crunchy and don't seem to fit very well in burgers or sandwiches. Or in anything else for that matter.
You're in Singapore yea? The subways there serve cucumbers? We don't get those in HK here. Sounds like a terrible combo.

I like the lettuce and tomatoes. And capsicums.

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
woah there. You don't add lettuce for the taste. You put it in for the crispy texture.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
woah there. You don't add lettuce for the taste. You put it in for the crispy texture.
Yeah, the cooling effect of a chilled cucumber on a hot burger, can't be underestimated.

No idea what a capiscum is though, is it very much the "Kohli" of this argument.

OverratedSanity

That's the wiki definition. The bell peppers we get here in India when we order them as pizza toppings are way different and way better than the disgusting capsicums. Different ,far more tolerable variety of capsicum I guess...

cnerd123

likes this
Ok well idk what kinda of ****ty ass capsicum u guys get in India but the ones we get in Dubai and HK are amazing.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
We always got the green ones which we called capsicum. Last few years we get the red and yellow ones which are far better in quality and we call bell pepper. They are probably imported and so better quality.