Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you agree with Ganguly??

International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    Originally posted by amits
    ...even the most one-eyed aussie fans will say that india is no.1
    Nah, not me.

Loved what Ponting said. The smirk on his face as he said '..well, good luck to them' was priceless.

"I know I underperformed but after the past 18 months I thought I might have received more than four Test matches' grace."
    - DR Martyn.

"Is there any way to make it longer?"
    Peter English on Twenty20

Official Face of the v. hip 'Twenty20 Is Boring Society'

i have said this that if india win 3-0 against aus in aus, then even the most one-eyed aussie fans will say india is the best team. we r already 2nd best.

i have said this that if india win 3-0 against aus in aus, then even the most one-eyed aussie fans will say india is the best team. we r already 2nd best.
    Hey amit , remember we haven't won a test series away ever since i was born . You won't become no.1 with one series victory :O . That series victory too is very doubtful to happen let alone 3-0. India maybe second best in onedayers but nowhere near that in tests.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    reallycrazy, u r really living up to ur name. u r reallllllllllllllllyyyyy crazy.

y r u so much unpatriotic ?
    Patriotism and partisanity are the preserve of fools.
    Fanship of the game of cricket is far more important than any team.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

U19 Cricketer
    we r already 2nd best.

How exactly we are 2nd best? Please explain.

If you takeinto consideration India's recent past performances, then we aren't even 4th best team in the world:O

Originally posted by jamesryfler
    Are RSA really that a good a team ?

When RSA came here in late 2001, they were billed as a side capable of genuinely competing with Australia for the world no 1 spot.
    Nothing of the sort ensued - Australia absolutely annnihlated them both here and in RSA.

I saw them in England -- they weren't all that impressive and they subsequently lost in Pakistan to an emerging Pakistani outfit.

Kim Hughes was correct in one sense -- NZ (with Shane Bond) are probably a more worthy no 2 than RSA.
    Kim Hughes and you are surely having a laugh.
    New Zealand, better than South Africa?
    (I assume that no-one can possibly consider New Zealand a viable ODI side so I'll assume we're talking Tests)
    New Zealand's recent regulars:
    Richardson - almost always scored runs, some in my view pretty cheap. No arguing with those he scored against, for instance, India, Sri Lanka and West Indies of the recent times, but really I think the term flat-track bully applies to him.
    Vincent - scored a century in his last Test and had a sensational debut; really never lived-up to the hope created on that debut. Perhaps, looking at his First-Class record, it's not surprising - there seem to be plenty of better young openers around in New Zealand.
    Fleming - very good player, improving all the time.
    Styris - again, no arguing with his record, but again, the runs were on some of the flattest tracks you'll see in India and West Indies.
    Astle - been injured quite a bit recently but his recent performances have all been good.
    McMillan - last series (in very, very easy batting conditions) sensational, previous few series' appalling. Still rate him but it'll take more than that India series to convince me he's back to his best.
    Tuffey, Oram - don't rate Oram much as a batsman, so these two's bowling is practically the same category - always dangerous on green wickets, never going to be much of a threat on wickets that don't move off the seam or provide uneven bounce. Also tend to lose their accuracy when the conditions don't suit their movement techniques.
    Vettori - best fingerspinner in The World IMO, but hardly bowled recently due to injury and lack of need.
    Bond I don't rate in Test-matches anyway - he did well against Bangladesh, on seamers' paradises against India and against West Indies. Only the West Indies one is remotely noteworthy, and for all we know it could just have been poor batting (Liam can doubtless tell us).
    Cairns is now coming back to fitness but his bowling was abysmal for Notts last season - over 4-an-over in the First-Class game (and over 5 in the one-dayers).
    South Africa, meanwhile:
    Smith - potentially, IMO, the best batsman since Bradman and Headley.
    Kallis (2nd best all-rounder ever for me, even Miller only just comes close)
    Kirsten - getting better all the time.
    Gibbs - scored runs consistently for God knows how long now.
    McKenzie - always seemed a good player to me, but hasn't done anything since Trent Bridge.
    Van Jaarsveld - looks a good player in prospect, always has done.
    Boucher - been a good player for some time now.
    Pollock - not an especially awe-inspiring bowler IMO on flat wickets but on seaming or uneven wickets it's not really possible to get better than him.
    Adams - often a threat, sometimes a wayward nightmare.
    Ntini - got accuracy back since tour of England (though it at times disappeared in the First West Indies Test) and took wickets in that game, too. Never really impressed me as much as he seems to have impressed some as far as Test-matches are concerned, but no arguing with his wicket-taking against Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and thus far against WI.
    Not to mention Boeta Dippenaar, David Terbrugge, Mfuneko Ngam and plenty of others.

Tim
    Richardson has only played Australia & South Africa early on his career, i'd like to see him bat against them now that he's got some experience.

But I have no doubt that South Africa are a better test side.

I think India have the potential to beat Australia and win in Australia, but I do not think this current team has the potential to do what Australia has done for the past four years.

Being number 1 is about doing what Australia did over the past four years - not beating Australia. That said, even if India beat Australia, it'll take a good deal of work before they can be number 1. As it stands, *any* team has the ability to upset India (read: NZ without Bond, South Africa right after a dismal World Cup, etc.). Australia, on the other hand, are almost untouchable...except by India

Tim
    It's hard to say whether Shane Bond would have made a difference in India...perhaps on that final day of the 2nd test against India, his extra pace might have won NZ that match.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by Richard
    ROFLMAO.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    i have said this that if india win 3-0 against aus in aus, then even the most one-eyed aussie fans will say india is the best team.
    And I still say Nah, not me. If India win the series, amit, I will not say that they are number 1 (and I am a "one-eyed aussie fan"). Im sure other "one-eyed aussie fans" will agree.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    'Potentially' so am I. :P
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Smith - potentially, IMO, the best batsman since Bradman and Headley
    For a start it's extreamly debatable as to who is the second best batsman after Bradman.
    There are quite a few batsman going around currently that are better than Smith right now anyway.

There are a few batsmen going around ATM who are more proven commodities than Smith. Better is and always will be a MOO - some don't rate Headley as 2nd-best ever. Some don't even rate Bradman as best!

Originally posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    'Potentially' so am I. :P
    In whose opinion? Your Mum and Dad's?
    Potential is a MOO and I did say IMO. If you ask me Smith could turn-out the third-best batsman of all-time. If you ask others you will get differing ideas.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information