• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Potential International Trades

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also puts his RamSlam performances into some sort of context. Another huge blow for Somerset mind.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chris Rogers for Luke Ronchi.
That would've worked better 3 weeks ago. As it stands I'm not sold on our opening options next in line for Rogers and we have a couple of half-decent keepers to supplement Haddin so I probably wouldn't take that.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Any NZ quicks you would be willing to part with for Abhina Mukund/Sehwag/Gambhir?
I'd give you Wagner, McCleneghan, Bennett, or if really pushed, Bracewell for Mukund.

McC and Bennett don't really play Test cricket so that's either of Bracewell or Wagner. Fair IMO.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I think it's a very fair trade.

Most valuable OD player in the world to play two WCs in 4 years plus solving the problem of having a test match lower middle order consisting of Neesherson and an opener who knows where his off stump is for NZ.

Having a mid-20s (last few years) averaging pacer for India who the way he's going will take the new ball for our AT attack, the best year in our history, 2010, was largely made possible by having Zaheer take about 50 wickets @ 21-23.

Everybody wins.

Both players are icons for their nations though.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I think it's a very fair trade.

Most valuable OD player in the world to play two WCs in 4 years plus solving the problem of having a test match lower middle order consisting of Neesherson and an opener who knows where his off stump is for NZ.

Having a mid-20s (last few years) averaging pacer for India who the way he's going will take the new ball for our AT attack, the best year in our history, 2010, was largely made possible by having Zaheer take about 50 wickets @ 21-23.

Everybody wins.

Both players are icons for their nations though.
Nah, the loss of Southee screws over NZ more than you'd think. Boult becomes a little bit **** when his Agribusiness buddy is away.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I don't trust the Indian set up to handle Wagner well, tbh. Don't think that will end happily for India.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Nah, the loss of Southee screws over NZ more than you'd think. Boult becomes a little bit **** when his Agribusiness buddy is away.
AFAIK, NZ has a pretty strong ODI culture though and you don't really value ODI cricket. :p

WC at home in a couple of months, Kohli tonning up in Adelaide and an estimated year or so from his test peak, I'd be tempted.

What's very interesting is that people were ready to offer up both Southee and Boult for Cook 20 months ago in this thread. Idea would seem scary now.

cnerd123

likes this
And I'm fairly certain Kohli will win more games for India than Southee would. Our lack of bowling resources means Southee will often be the only threat and will be seen off by opposition batsmen + bowled into the ground by whoever our skipper is.

Which is another issue - without Kohli who will captain India when MSD leaves?

morgieb

Want another Top 3 option. The good ones for Australia are too raw, so we'd probably need someone with only a few years left in them. Will offer any of our bowlers.

Teja.

Global Moderator
That's just another reason to get rid of Kohli. Leaves the captaincy open for the great man Rahane. :ph34r:

OverratedSanity

And I'm fairly certain Kohli will win more games for India than Southee would. Our lack of bowling resources means Southee will often be the only threat and will be seen off by opposition batsmen + bowled into the ground by whoever our skipper is.

Which is another issue - without Kohli who will captain India when MSD leaves?
In tests, I'd take Southee immediately. Fast bowlers win tests. He'd be seen off in ODIs, yeah. In tests, if he's bowling in our attack, he'd improve everyone around him. Ishant is genuinely pretty ok now and could benefit greatly by having a quality quick at the other end.

In ODIs, Kohli obviously more valuable.