Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Zimbabwe in West Indies, 2013

International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Good bowling effort from our lads, really impressed with Permaul, thinks he compliments Narine really well and i think he might be in the test side again after impressing in the previous test series against Bang, at home him and Narine could be a decent partnership imo.

But anyway well done to Zim for getting over 200 again, Sibanda keeps getting starts, Erving have been a pain in the backside, Makadsa got a good score in the last game and Weller has stuck around a abit aswell so Zim can be hopeful of doing ok in the tests although clearly we'll be massive favorites.

In closing Dwayne Bravo has been great since he took up the captaincy and hopefully thats the end of Sammy, in the t20s i like him, but we just don't need him in the tests or one dayers anymore imo, it's time to move on now.
    One Day cups- Champions trophy winners-T20 cup-29 test series without defeat record- and some think we're a "minnow".

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Has Sammy been dumped? I thought he was being rested with Gayle for this series. I take it's on the back of the poor result in the Australian series. Bravo has certainly taken to the role of captaincy well.

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Nah, just rested. Querl is a good call, he has a good record in domestic Zim cricket and he's surely not thinking of England - he doesn't even have a county contract. Could it be that that the ZCU still want more black players than white in the team?

Would be good to get Querl in the team, but what about the rumours he's a chucker?
    ZIMBABWE
    Somebody has to...

School Boy/Girl Captain
    I've spoken to a few English county cricket fans on another forum about Querl. From those that have seen him bowl in the flesh for the Unicorns, when he's tries to bowl quicker is when his actions looks suspicous. It seems he has to bowl within self in order to keep his action tight.

Recently in the Logan Cup one of the other teams refused to come out of the dressing rooms after being forced to follow-on by the Tuskers because they believed Querl was chucking even though the umpires hadn't called him. Heath Streak, his coach was questioned about his action and he sought of brushed it off and stated the reason why he wasn't picked for the tour was because he "needed to get his papers sorted" which is Zimbabwean for we don't want to pick him but we won't say why.

From what I gather if he gets picked, get's called for chucking in an ICC game then ZCB have to pay to get his action tested which they don't want to do. If he still doesn't get picked in the next home series when "he's papers" are not an excuse then this is the best bet.

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Heh, first post on today's game, which rather tells its own story. West Indies chasing a modest target - 131 - but they have lost a couple of wickets. Taylor out for 0, it's been a disappointing tour for him so far.

I'm really looking forward to the Tests. I was looking forward to the ODis too but they left me so cold that I didn't even bother watching today's T20.

Thank God Cremer is in the Test squad too; I still can't quite get over him being left out of the ODI squad.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    Heh, first post on today's game, which rather tells its own story. West Indies chasing a modest target - 131 - but they have lost a couple of wickets. Taylor out for 0, it's been a disappointing tour for him so far.
    No-one is bothered about the limited overs stuff because it was always gonna be tough for Zim tbh, especially in the t20s, i'm just looking forward to the tests really.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Johnson playing a typical Charles innings. 25 with 24 from boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    No-one is bothered about the limited overs stuff because it was always gonna be tough for Zim tbh, especially in the t20s, i'm just looking forward to the tests really.
    I can't see how Zimbabwe can trouble the Windies in a proper test either.

Quote Originally Posted by Stapel View Post
    I can't see how Zimbabwe can trouble the Windies in a proper test either.
    Yeah we're on a roll in the tests, beat NZ 2-0 and then beat Bang 2-0 , plus we drew our last test vs England before those series so we're five tests unbeaten, obviously not the greatest opposition but it's giving us belief before the real test which is in July against Pak at home.

Could be some interesting test selections, will Sammy play or will they go with two spinners? will Pollard make his test debut like Colin Croft seems to be suggesting? who knows. Shannon Gabriel also impressed on his test debut against England before he was injured so he might get another chance.

Another concern is Gayle, he's been on shocking form for the last two series so Adrian Barath might be in line for a recall.

Zimbabwe will be playing a four day warm up match this week against our academy, the team will most likely be..

Charles
    Griffith
    Fletcher
    Lesporis
    Hope
    Blackwood
    Hamilton (wk)
    Cariah
    Cummins
    Cotterrell
    Warrican

It's a tidy little unit who has some dangerous quicks in Cummins and Cotterrell while Cariah and Warrican will take care of the spin, in the top six we all know Charles but there's big hopes for Lesporis and especially the jamaican Jermain Blackwood, Hamilton is a keeper with decent potential too and just got his first FC ton for Leewards.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    I just hope Zimbabwe can make a game of the tests. I don't expect a win or a draw but a fight would be nice. Cremer hasn't really been bowling that well in the domestic comps lately, but he can't do much worse than Utseya and Mushangwe. Price is more likely to be picked in front of Cremer I think. I hope Meth gets to make his test debut

Cremer and Price should both be playing.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    What happened to that pace bowler Cribb was drooling over when they played NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    What happened to that pace bowler Cribb was drooling over when they played NZ?
    Jarvis? Still around. Not very good at one day cricket yet but he should be a bigger threat in the Tests if he bowls properly.

Unless you mean Meth, who still hasn't played a Test. Meth

You probably do; I'd definitely drool over Meth more than Jarvis. Not sure I'd call him a "pace" bowler though; he's a slower Praveen basically.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information