• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India v Pakistan: A Bat & Ball War (1999 Tour Documentary)

Fusion

Global Moderator
I was reading an excellent blog piece about the classic Chennai Test between India/Pak and the author linked to the documentary below. The documentary is about Pakistan's 1999 tour to India and covers the Test series. Fascinating stuff. Besides capturing the tension, ebb and flow, and momentum shifts of the matches themselves, the doc does a great job of capturing the emotions of players and fans alike. Some stuff that I really enjoyed:

- Wasim and Tendu having a friendly chit chat at a practice session inquiring about the well-being of the their respective wives.

- The dressing room stuff is excellent. Wasim, Javed, and the team coach motivating the players. The players joking around with each other.

- Wasim giving a pep-talk on the field to the players and telling them they can get India all out for less than 50 (the target of win for India) and Anwar helpfully pointing out "it happened to us". :laugh:

- The moment that still gives me chills to this day is Pakistan taking a victory lap around the ground while the Chennai crowd gives them a standing ovation. What incredible class!

India v Pakistan: A Bat & Ball War (1999)

Satyanash89

Banned
- The moment that still gives me chills to this day is Pakistan taking a victory lap around the ground while the Chennai crowd gives them a standing ovation. What incredible class!
In my 15-20 years of watching cricket, i havent experienced anything as great as that moment. Privileged to have been there at the ground :)

Ftr, i wasnt one of those who applauded them. I was still pissed at Mongia for his shot and devastated at the loss. I dont even remember how much i cried.

Watching the doc now... childhood memories flooding back

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
One of the greatest test matches I have seen and overall a great series (we won 2-1 **** you Asian Test Championship :laugh:)

Still remember that moment when Akram took that catch..and his bowling in the second innings..to get Dravid..unbelievable stuff