• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in New Zealand series 2013

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol @ Smithy on the NZ bowlers heights suggesting Southee is about 6 foot, Wagner is 5'9 and Boult about 5'10.

Surely Southee's a minimum 6'3, Boult around 6'1 and Wagner probably slightly over 6.

Jezroy

State Captain
Well done England - highest opening partnership for Eng vs NZ in NZ.

Previous highest 129 (Broad and Moxon - 1988)

Also 4th best all time for Eng vs NZ

Zinzan

At least part of the reason he's struggling with his line is because of the swing though. The hint of reverse will encourage the quicks.
Don't buy it, reverse swing is no reason to bowl it 3 foot wide of leg stump. Wagner needs to get back to basics like trying to hit a 50 cent coin at practice. His control (or lack of it) is terrible.

Zinzan

Lol, why don't the commentators just explain Francis Payne's stats themselves as opposed to putting him through the obvious agony of speaking on camera.

Flem274*

123/5
Whoever wins at the Basin will win the series. This pitch is a draw pitch unless you do what happened in the first innings or have a Dale Steyn/Vernon Philander in your line up (Anderson and England shouldn't have enough time to win here even if they put up a huge score), and judging by the Outer Oval pitch, Eden Park will be a draw as well.

Flem274*

123/5
This partnership I think exemplifies England's patience. Most other opening partnerships around the world would have gotten frisky being restricted to such a slow rate early on and thrown their wickets away. England haven't done that.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Whoever wins at the Basin will win the series. This pitch is a draw pitch unless you do what happened in the first innings or have a Dale Steyn/Vernon Philander in your line up (Anderson and England shouldn't have enough time to win here even if they put up a huge score), and judging by the Outer Oval pitch, Eden Park will be a draw as well.
Because Finn and Anderson had such a hard time going through our top order the last time we played there?

Flem274*

123/5
Because Finn and Anderson had such a hard time going through our top order the last time we played there?
We didn't play at Eden Park in the last series. We played at Seddon Park, the Basin and Napier.

edit: I see what you mean now. Tests are a different kettle of fish to ODIs. Eden Park is usually a filthy road, roadier than this pitch, and if NZ or England collapse there they should be shot.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
We didn't play at Eden Park in the last series. We played at Seddon Park, the Basin and Napier.

edit: I see what you mean now. Tests are a different kettle of fish to ODIs. Eden Park is usually a filthy road, roadier than this pitch, and if NZ collapse there they should be shot.
In recent times, New Zealand have basically taken to batting the first 20 overs of ODI's in the same manner as they would in tests: survive, pick up 1's, hit the 4 balls and look to advance at about 3 and a bit per over. And New Zealand have fallen over on some very flat wickets in recent years. Wouldn't surprise me to see it happen at Eden Park.

Flem274*

123/5
When we see the test pitch unveiled, if it follows the trend of the ODI and Outer Oval pitches and is flat, I'll give you an avatar bet on the draw if you like.