• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

uvelocity

International Coach
This should be a very entertaining series. Looking forward to it.
yeah agree. prepared to go out on a limb and call 2-1 pak. philander has been brittle, should steynje do himself a mischief and philander miss the bowling goes from best in the world to nothing special very quickly. just feel the wind might blow the other way for this series.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
yeah agree. prepared to go out on a limb and call 2-1 pak. philander has been brittle, should steynje do himself a mischief and philander miss the bowling goes from best in the world to nothing special very quickly. just feel the wind might blow the other way for this series.
Lets hope you are right Nostradamelocity.

Briony

International Debutant
Philander has been passed fit for the first test at least after having recovered from a hammy problem.

smash84

The Tiger King
Hafeez is one of the few batsmen who visited SA last time.

He has such a god awful record there. I can't see it improving significantly since he has been playing on **** tracks for the last few years now

I fear for Pakistan, while 3-0 thrashing is unaviodable, Pak will do well to extend the match to the 4th day.I believe all three test matches will end up well inside three days.
A couple of Pak batsmen might be able to score 50 runs in the series.:(

r3alist

U19 Cricketer
over the years i have found that one of the most instructive ways to judge a pakistan match is to have an intuitive feel for the mood and feeling in the camp, let me TRY and explain.

i remember this time last year pakistan were written off as if they were bangladesh vs england partly because they were deemed to be a shambles, partly because they were deemed not to be good enough to beat the world no.1 - hardly surprising - yet also simplistic imo.

since the disastrous tour vs england in 2010 pakistan had actually demonstrated a degree of stability, and i put this down to a change in mood and feeling in the camp, a resolve to put the nonsense behind them and concentrate on cricket.

they actually drew with south africa in UAE at the "height" of their low point (immediately after england), that can perhaps easily be dismissed as flat track run fest, but also a petty good result given the shambolic and cataclysmic england series they had just endured, not to mention the loss of their best players, a very raw and inexperienced team...as well as everything else bad that is associated with pakistan heightened to an even greater extent given the atmosphere and controversy, so all in all not a bad result to get vs the mighty south africa even if it was just dry flat roads in the UAE

from then on until england in UAE pakistan had actually displayed a pretty creditable run beating most of their opposition, again keep in mind how crap/inexperienced they were widely assumed to be...so the point is - pakistan were a lot more stable than they were given credit for by the time it came to england in UAE.

then against england it kind of came together and look what happened....

the greatest strength was imo team ethic and a resolve to put an honest shift in, this was far from a spectacular pakistan team, yet look what they achieved against the no.1 team with an inexperienced and mediocre-ish team

now at present, a year on from england in uae pakistan are in better shape, batting looks pretty promising, team morale is seemingly as stable as ever from the outset, have just beaten india, dropped the akmals and generally pretty high in morale.....so the mood feels pretty good to me :D

(having written the above it will probably all go wrong)

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When things are looking good and stable for Pakistan, surely it's a sign they're about to **** up

smash84

The Tiger King
damn it.......why doesn't the series start.......I can't wait till 1st Feb.....I hope it doesn't come to bite us

Bouncer

State Regular
Normally I am very excited when I see test matches played before LOC on a tour but this time around I wanted so badly for Pak to have played some LOC before tests just so that Pak batting lineup gets to spend some time in middle in the format where they might be touch more comfortable on these SA tracks before test matches so that they might put up some better fight in tests- unfortunately that is not the case.

If this batting lineup takes 2 out of 3 tests beyond 4 days - I would be not too sad.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Hadn't realised quite how soon the first test was. Pretty quick change up after the NZ ODI's finish.

Not quite sure who to support; I like the South African team a lot, and they're arguably my second team, but I have a soft spot for Pakistan, and somewhat want them to do well.

When things are looking good and stable for Pakistan, surely it's a sign they're about to **** up
Things were looking good and stable for Pakistan before England arrived last year :dry:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hadn't realised quite how soon the first test was. Pretty quick change up after the NZ ODI's finish.

Not quite sure who to support; I like the South African team a lot, and they're arguably my second team, but I have a soft spot for Pakistan, and somewhat want them to do well.

Things were looking good and stable for Pakistan before England arrived last year :dry:
You'll end up following Pakistan because you want me to taste it IMO. Not to mention the Prez factor.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Prezing to be the new Cevnoing IMO.

To be used whenever someone is taking pleasure at another persons tasting.

Last edited: