Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hussey's legacy

Adel 2nd inninngs might count

and he played some useful - if not gigantic - knocks in WI. was excellent in the 1st test chase
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    i don't remember the wi tour.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

TNT
    U19 Debutant
    Hussey's legacy would include his ODI batting I assume, probably one of the best in the game.
    If you nick it walk

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Calling Hussey a HTB is a little unfair when you consider away he averages 41 which is more than half your current batting line up can manage as a career record.

Been a quality player and his ODI record means he has been an even bigger asset to the side over the years. Maybe he should have played sooner but his record is very good and the team you had that kept him out was hardly a poor one.

Cricket Web Staff Member
    Something that stands out to me about Hussey was how awkward he was in the role of captain when he did it for a Chappell/Hadlee series in NZ where Australia got whitewashed - I remember him saying in interviews how uncomfortable he felt in the role. It seemed he was someone happy to be in the background just doing his job and therefore in terms of a personality, his legacy and impact on the side wouldn't be that great.

But he clearly does lead by example through his professionalism and as a batsman. His career has been spotty since the 2007/08 season but I wouldn't class him as a FTB or even HTB - his outstanding performance in Sri Lanka last year alone would preclude him from that title.

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    Next year is huge for him as others have pointed out. If he makes it big, he may go down as a great.
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by centurymaker View Post
    Next year is huge for him as others have pointed out. If he makes it big, he may go down as a great.
    Too true,, read this Hussey hits a hundred and came here to find this thread. The guy is knocking on but if he can continue for another year on this form he will definately be in the Cricket hall of fame.

It says a lot about our batting depth (of a few years ago) that someone who averages 50 despite not playing in his preferred position couldn't get a game until he was 30.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Don't think he needs a legacy. He's just been a really good player for us.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Alot of people on here, with the drafts and what not, are obsessed with players they've never seen, with just statistics and what some people write about them, as well as the occassional film of them.......

Now, in 80 years, if some guy looked up Michael Hussey, statistically he is an absolute monster, averaging over 51, 19 test centuries, 48 in ODI cricket and over 52 in FC cricket with almost 60 centuries.

If they look up some articles, they'll read about Mr.Cricket, a great fielder, super athlete, compact, powerful and elegant left hander, capable of batting almost anywhere.

If they see some film, they'll discover he's one of the greatest left handed cover drivers ever and a powerful backfoot player built on WACA pitches.....

Get what im saying? Hussey's legacy will grow with time, he's so underrated it's ridiculous....... his numbers stack up very well to someone like Neil Harvey from almost exactly the same amount of tests.......
    Last edited by sphynx; 16-12-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Don't think he needs a legacy. He's just been a really good player for us.
    Yeah another good post. What's going on here? Need you to go into the India vs. England thread asap and do a trolling post. Can't handle this.

Bill Lawry just called him 'one of the all-time great players'

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Yeah another good post. What's going on here? Need you to go into the India vs. England thread asap and do a trolling post. Can't handle this.
    lolIndia

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Saving my trolling for a close series. The Indian fans know their side is so abject, I don't need to troll. I'll wait until the empty bravado about a brave new era starts. So a out three or four weeks.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
    What I find interesting is how he has improved as he has got older where others, including Ponting to a certain extent, started to see a decline.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information