Cricket Player Manager
Page 139 of 284 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 4246

Thread: **Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by straw man View Post
    Better effort - well done McCullum and Brownlie.

Guptill though - that successful West Indies tour seems a loooong time ago now. Since then has 118 runs in 10 innings at 11.8 with one fifty.
    Steyn was surprised by the dismissal.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Briony View Post
    Elgar really has provided nothing for them given that AB has keeper allows them to play an extra batsman or bowler.
    Yeah, Elgar's was one of the scratchiest innings wasn't it? Combined with his Perth pair he's either horribly out of form or doesn't appear to have the temperament for Tests.\

Edit: Or just plain not very good, which would be a surprising selection then. Seems to be rushed in his strokes, made Johnson look 150kph and even Franklin look like a fast bowler at times, heh..

Somebody like Ryan McLaren or even Rory Kleinveldt would probably add more value to the side, particularly in terms of looking after Kallis's workload. I feel they should be blooding a pace bowling allrounder like McLaren at this stage rather than leaving it until Kallis falls over. On the other hand I suppose they are sticking to a 7 batsman formula that is working, and like having a first class opener like Elgar or Rudolph coming in so low down which can also help combat the 2nd new ball. I suspect Duminy has a strong chance to come back in when he's fit again though, particularly with his added bowling ability, and Elgar/Rudolph have only been keeping his seat warm in the mean time.
    Last edited by KungFu_Kallis; 03-01-2013 at 03:36 PM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    hey we didnt even do our usual score of 150/5. go us!

would bring in Munro and one of the left armers for the next test. yeah Munro will get owned but thats the point - I'd rather he gets shown exactly what he needs to improve sooner rather than later so he can go away and develop a proper offside technique.

if he succeeds then great, we can try to forget franklin ever happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Brownliiiieeeeeeee. Lucky to be there by all accounts, but always seems to make a decent score when you're least expecting it.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Yeah Brownlie rode his luck but SA had one of those horror days in the field where their bowling was either top class or wayward and they dropped catches or all over the place - Elgar, Kallis, Petersen, Morkel. Petersen himself said that they were terrible. Apparently they declared so that their quick bowlers didn't have to bat. Surprising how little respect Amla and AB showed though the way they were moving about the crease.

International Vice-Captain Mike5181's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Since when is batting for 45 deliveries "doing the hard work"?
    You obviously didn't watch the game then.

Can we chill with that comeback? It's the worst comeback ever and just makes otherwise decent blokes look like ****s.

45 balls was a minor miracle in context of NZs batting in the game yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Can we chill with that comeback? It's the worst comeback ever and just makes otherwise decent blokes look like ****s.

45 balls was a minor miracle in context of NZs batting in the game yes.
    I don't see how it's the worst comeback ever. Had he seen the game, he would have known the first 20 overs or so of our innings was the most challenging period of play for our batsmen. By the time Brownlie got to the crease, South Africa had started to bowl a little wayward, and it didn't look they did much research on him because they kept feeding his back foot strength. Anyway, I'm reasonably happy with the days play. Hopefully these two can form a decent partnership, and chip away at that lead. I'd be happy with them just batting again actually. You'd think South Africa will be on their game, and won't let as many chances go as they did yesterday though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike5181 View Post
    I don't see how it's the worst comeback ever. Had he seen the game, he would have known the first 20 overs or so of our innings was the most challenging period of play for our batsmen. By the time Brownlie got to the crease, South Africa had started to bowl a little wayward, and it didn't look they did much research on him because they kept feeding his back foot strength. Anyway, I'm reasonably happy with the days play. Hopefully these two can form a decent partnership, and chip away at that lead. I'd be happy with them just batting again actually. You'd think South Africa will be on their game, and won't let as many chances go as they did yesterday though.
    You could have just said that. It's becoming a gripe of mine because lately every **** and their dog is pulling out some variation of you obviously don't watch cricket.

And yeah the test is going to end tonight, but I hope I'm wrong.

Presume Phlegm watches plenty these days ftr. May have looked at getting himself onto one of the following ISPs so it's unmetered as well.

Our current broadband partners are:

Vodafone
    Orcon
    Slingshot
    Woosh
    Xnet
    Snap
    Wiz Wireless
    Farmside
    PlaNet
    Quote Originally Posted by The Supercilious Solipsist View Post
    Never go full kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . AGRIBUSINESS MONITORING . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

At the start of last year I got on slingshot unlimited for $90 due to being a long term customer. Complete steal by NZ internet prices since I flat with 4 peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    At the start of last year I got on slingshot unlimited for $90 due to being a long term customer. Complete steal by NZ internet prices since I flat with 4 peeps.
    I'm on Orcon $99 unlimited atm, I think.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Unexpected Cricinfo Headlines

Kallis reopens death penalty debate
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

^ Lol I saw that. Cricket much?

Haha yeah saw the headline before I checked the score and thought "what the **** have we done now?"

Debating whether to watch this or the HRV Cup. If I watch the HRV I might miss the rest of the test.

Thread Information