• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in South Africa

Mike5181

International Captain
Good 50 from McCullum. Didn't think he'd last very long during the first 10 overs, but far play to him, he battled through, and has started to take advantage of some loose stuff this session.
Yeah, Brownlie's got 45 as well but McCullum and to a lesser extent Williamson did all the hard work. Hopefully he goes on and gets a big one.

Briony

International Debutant
The way they're going they could lead tonight. Odd day from SA though starting with some cavalier batting and the need to declare shortly after lunch on day two.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And that's that. Pretty ordinary ball to get out to. Just plonked the front foot down the track and missed a straight one. Sigh.

Briony

International Debutant
The father of Boucher's agent was murdered last night so his farewell for tomorrow has been postponed.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Williamson is no number 3.

It's nothing to do with the fact that he plays spin well. And I don't care that he's scored a couple of centuries, he's not compact enough.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Williamson is no number 3.

It's nothing to do with the fact that he plays spin well. And I don't care that he's scored a couple of centuries, he's not compact enough.
Um, yes he is, that's where he's batted since he was 18. And who would you suggest as a replacement?

Spiced

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Good start, but I will put my money on a couple of wickets in the last hour of play. I will say down 6 at close of play.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
****ing commentators.

It's easy to "fight hard" when your backs are to the wall. There's nowhere else to go.

The "fight" has to come in the first innings.

Mike5181

International Captain
I want him at 5 and Flynn at 3.

Just realised we've already had this conversation, sorry to bring it up again.
Flynn's been moved around enough imo. That being said, if he had to move, I'd much rather him open and take Guptill's spot. He looked good there against South Africa, and has the fight in him to play a similar style to how McCullum played today.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The father of Boucher's agent was murdered last night so his farewell for tomorrow has been postponed.
John Commins former WP cricketer. John's nephew, also called John Commins played test cricket for South Africa in the 90s.

Spiced

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Pessimist.:happy:

Mind you don't think anybody had the whole team down before lunch yesterday!
From a SA point of view I am sure they will be happy to get another 3 before end of play, if not then surely NZ "won" today's battle.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Flynn still looks pretty ordinary when the bowler shapes it back into him from around the wicket.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Decent effort today to pull themselves back up after the abject humiliation of day 1. Will still have to play well tomorrow to avoid an innings defeat.

Meridio

International Regular
Realistically speaking, that's actually about as good a day as we could have hoped for. Took 122/5 in SA's innings before their declaration, and 169/4 at the end of the day isn't too bad considering our first innings.

Still no chance in hell of us saving this test though.

BeeGee

International Captain
Realistically speaking, that's actually about as good a day as we could have hoped for. Took 122/5 in SA's innings before their declaration, and 169/4 at the end of the day isn't too bad considering our first innings.

Still no chance in hell of us saving this test though.
AWTA.

SA have actually played rather poorly today. Ordinary batting, poor bowling and a bunch of dropped catches.

Would be fun if Brownlie and Watling could put together a big partnership and set SA a tricky little chase in the fourth innings.