• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Starc vs Boult - who will have the better career?

Who will have greater success on the international stage?

• Total voters

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Time for a Tim Southee vs Mohammed Shami thread imo
Unfair contest IMO, one plays close to 70% of his tests in relatively helpful pace bowling conditions & the other about 70% of his Tests on relatively unhelpful pace bowling conditions, yet their average is about the same.

Blocky

Banned
Wow that's an upgrade for Southee. You had compared him with Ishant earlier and he came out unfavourably in that.
Ishant is still probably your best fast bowler in every single facet except mental. I for the life of me can't figure out why he can bowl so great in certain spells but never show consistency. He's got a good action, great rhythm and all the physical facets.

Flem274*

123/5
I really think you've been overplaying that hand for over 12 months now Burgey.

Unless I'm mistaken, only Kiwivictor and Flem tend to sensationalise & overrate NZ players massively. I might have missed it, but I don't recall the rest of the Kiwiblock over-hyping him that much at all.
did i tell you about that time ross taylor is better than allan border and even colin munro?

Zinzan

did i tell you about that time ross taylor is better than allan border and even colin munro?
Actually now you say it I semi recall you curiously nabbing Taylor as one of your first picks in a recent draft ahead of several ATGs. So I suppose sometimes actions speak loudly than words.

OverratedSanity

Wow that's an upgrade for Southee. You had compared him with Ishant earlier and he came out unfavourably in that.
And I'm not wrong either. This is purely on form.

In the last 18 months or so, ishant and Shami have both done a perfectly good job for the team. Southee has spent the majority of the same period wasting the new ball and generally bowling complete piss. IIRC it all went down hill for him after he picked up 7 wickets vs England in the WC. The Indian fans started saying Shami is better because Southee did nothing else all tournament while Shami bowled well throughout.

Might as well have our moment now, because we all know Shami's bowling will go down the drain soon like other distinguished members of The Wheel ^tm

Flem274*

123/5
haha if you're going to lump me in with kiwiviktor i'm going to poke fun at you. everyone here knows big daddy kane is the #2 of all time behind ross taylor, not #1 like that hack KV made out.

after reading the thoughtful analysis of cw i have been convinced that not only would bradman fail post 1970, he probably also does not exist.