• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Himannv

International Coach
Nah Malinga wasn't that good a Test bowler.
He didn't play too many and he only became awesome towards the end of his test career in any case. He was incredible in the last series he played iirc. An attack of Kulasekara, Malinga, Welegedera and Herath wouldn't be bad at all.

sphynx

U19 Debutant
I can sense a real breakout game for Starc here.

It's going to swing, overcast on the forecasts for Hobart, and it's been humid down in Melbourne the last couple of weeks.

He cut's the ball back into the right handers, and with his bounce and pace, will be a handful on what will definately be a bit of a greentop going off the Sheffield Shield pitches this year.

Also going to be a good test of the top order, anyone who ton's up here is genuinely going to earn it, Sanga's a class act, and has proven he can score on these sorts of pitches.

Would of loved to of seen them face South Africa on this.....

Last edited:

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Also going to be a good test of the top order, anyone who ton's up here is genuinely going to earn it, Sanga's a class act, and has proven he can score on these sorts of pitches.
i can't remember him proving it, although i doubt he's played on this sort of a wicket much at all.

sri lankans don't play many tests overseas.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yikes the trophy for this series is genuine nightmare stuff. Looks like police evidence taken from the house of a brutal serial killer who cut off his victims' hands.

Lostman

State Captain
Clarke has an outside chance of breaking the record for most runs in a calendar year. (Link) Two more tests to make ~400 runs might be tough, but he could easily break Ponting's record for Australia.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Will be interesting to see if the pitch is the bowler friendly one that we see in the Shield, or a much better batting track.

If it's the former, I reckon SL have a serious chance of winning the test.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
would he not be useful on a greentop, although he does kinda take the pitch of the equation with the sort of lengths he balls at.
Maybe but if there's one place you also don't want to be giving away short wide stuff in between the spitting seamers, it's Bellerive.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Looking forward to this morning session in particular, it would be fantastic to see Australia produce a normal looking scorecard for once today, however its not going to be the easiest of conditions.

BTW, I wonder if Starc's 68* got him across the line ahead of MJ? No idea how close it was.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ha, Cowan dropped first ball, would have been a ripper of a catch. Stand closer slips FFS.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah he probably would have. Nufan Kulasekara will do well in these conditions, not as sold on Welegedara.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Chappell "Kulasekara will swing the ball into the left handers"

No. He's an inswing bowler and will swing it away from the left handers.