• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Meridio

International Regular
Since I woke up this morning, we've scored about 80 runs in 40-odd overs, and lost 6 wickets. Remind me why I like cricket again?

Flem274*

123/5
how much time is left in the days play? let boult pretend these ****s are philander, declare and make sri lanka get started twice imo. put the debutant opener under some serious pressure.

and Eranga has a FC average of 34 and goes at nearly 4 an over. It's a bit bloody poor to be routed by him.

Herath just keeps on Herathing. With all the furore over ajmal and swann he is the forgotten spinner which is harsh.

Meridio

International Regular
And that's that, 221 all out. Pretty piss-poor effort.

A decent time to lose our last wicket though - five overs or so before stumps can be a tricky period. That last ball to Boult seamed quite a way too, gives me a smidgeon of hope.

Flem274*

123/5
Awesome, hopefully there's half an hour or so left (5-5:30pm finish?) and Sri Lanka are on a hiding to nothing out there with the bat and a debutant at that. Lets go take some wickets.

Meridio

International Regular
Yes Timmeh!! Great shape.

That last ball from Boult a bit symptomatic of his career so far - superb delivery, but beats the bat rather than taking the edge.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Would have been nice to be 0 down, but that was good spell of swing bowling from the Kiwis and deserved a wicket.

Good all round day for Sri Lanka. Eranga and Herath stepping up with the bowl. Really good to see the seamers taking wickets. If opening batsmen and bowlers can start to perform it complete the jig saw puzzle for Sri Lanka.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would have been nice to be 0 down, but that was good spell of swing bowling from the Kiwis and deserved a wicket.

Good all round day for Sri Lanka. Eranga and Herath stepping up with the bowl. Really good to see the seamers taking wickets. If opening batsmen and bowlers can start to perform it complete the jig saw puzzle for Sri Lanka.
Get Mathews to open and play Chandimal you stupid ****s.