• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2012

Flem274*

123/5
Due to all the Franklin facepalms we forgot Flynn was on his dreaded 49.

My theory is he was so busy facepalming he forgot he was on 49 as well.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, he doesn't take level 3. Never had the (disturbing) privilege of being in one of his classes, though he does pop around occasionally. Mr Dench wasn't around in your time, was he?
No just him.

Peter Thomas is a very funny man. A bit idiosyncratic but that makes him more interesting.

What part of NZ history. The land wars, or the early colonialisation of NZ?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Not watching right now, pleased Flynn got 50, but not pleased it seems he used his other get-out shot (the slash) to ummm... get out. Has he been dismissed to a single defensive shot since his return to the team?

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
No just him.

Peter Thomas is a very funny man. A bit idiosyncratic but that makes him more interesting.

What part of NZ history. The land wars, or the early colonialisation of NZ?
Indeed he is. Pretty entertaining when he goes off at students he doesn't like, there's no holding back.

All of it pretty much up until the early 1900s really, with the guts of it being the 19th century. The land wars are a substantial hunk of it, that's what the internal assessments were both based on. NZ history has been taught very differently throughout the past, from what I've heard.

Flem274*

123/5
This collapse better not result in picking our bowlers with lower order batting in mind.

200 can be defended if we bowl well.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Just watching these sub continental bowlers impart spin on the ball is fascinating. I was taught to twist my fingers and turn my hand to impart spin.

These jokers tend to grip the ball in a specific way that when you bowl it a terrific amount of spin get imparted without turning your hand as much.

Blain

U19 Captain
Franklin... Enough chances? Who would he be replaced with is the question really.

I guess Ryder :P, probably same bowling level also.

Guptill
McCullum
Williamson
Taylor
Flynn
Ryder
Watling +
Vettori
Bracewell
Southee
Boult

vs South Africa I reckon. Flynn or Ryder at 6 is pretty low really, but thats a good thing I reckon, more depth the better.

Flem274*

123/5
We'll see how Jimmy goes in his next effort, but if we had everyone available I don't think Franklin would have played today and he hasn't done himself any favours so far.

Considering who the reserve batsman is I'd give everyone here the series, because to me they're all better players than Nicol. I can see Nicol playing the next test though due to the powers that be deciding his offies will be useful on Sri Lankan pitches.

These two seem to be batting fairly well for tail enders.