• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****ing love this selection. Am hoping Steyn and try to bounce Quiney out.

How much would he be ****ting himself as we speak?

Top_Cat

Pretty much my point. If they really try to kill him, reckon he'll get away quickly. Is one of those bats who likes to take you on. Entertaining no matter which way it goes.

Spikey

wait. does this mean nsw will have to play watson in our next game? ffs the dude's a curse

ajdude

International Coach
Pretty much my point. If they really try to kill him, reckon he'll get away quickly. Is one of those bats who likes to take you on. Entertaining no matter which way it goes.
ohh yeah i read that wrong, i thought ya meant dismiss him by bouncing him

it'll be ****ing entertaining, you're right there

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Indeed. Quiney isn't the best leaver in the world, especially early, so I think Philander will probably be his biggest worry. If they try and pepper him with Morkel bouncers he will hammer him IMO.

Ruckus

International Captain
Why did Hazlewood get a call up? I think the guy looks really promising, but there have been plenty of others that surely should be ahead of him at this stage. If was he was picked to balance out the attack or something as well, half of the more worthy options like Butterworth, Bird, McDermott etc. could have provided that as well. Don't know what someone like Butterworth has to do, especially given he can provide a decent amount with the bat as well...pretty bull**** really.

Spikey

i remember when i made the same sorta posts about pattinson and cummins last year

taste it spikey

Ruckus

International Captain
i remember when i made the same sorta posts about pattinson and cummins last year

taste it spikey
This is a more confusing decision to me though, given that one was pretty obvious as to why they fast tracked those two (and a good part of the reason behind Starc too, really) - pace. I'm pretty sure Hazlewood is quicker than the other options, but I wouldn't think so much so that he'd stand out because of it...what does he bowl, like 130-140 or something?

Spikey

why wouldn't he get the same treatment as starc, cummins and pattinson? He was the one for whom the treatment was created!

Top_Cat

This is a more confusing decision to me though, given that one was pretty obvious as to why they fast tracked those two (and a good part of the reason behind Starc too, really) - pace. I'm pretty sure Hazlewood is quicker than the other options, but I wouldn't think so much so that he'd stand out because of it...what does he bowl, like 130-140 or something?
Nah, both were fast-tracked because they're quality, not because they're quick. Same with Hazlewood. He's a bowler more likely to take Test wickets than Butterworth and McDermott even if he's not as credentialled as Butterworth yet. I'm coming around to Bird but can definitely see why the selectors would be pretty keen to give Hazlewood more of a go than the others.