• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

centurymaker

International Captain
ponting must be glad in a way that he has announced his retirement. imagine the scrutiny he would've been under and the criticism he would've received after another low score.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Shouldn't have sent the night watchmen out. Clarke can't make runs when Australia aren't 3 wickets down.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I really hate Watson and Ponting's dismissals, they were both so far from the ball. Clarke got an absolute beauty from Steyn, he did quite well to nick it.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The selectors were genuinely worried that Aus A would win the finals series and Reiffel had been gun the whole series so they picked him as 12th man for the Australia side. It must have been bittersweet for him to be watching the two sides play. Merv Hughes was a handy 2nd XI bowler to have as well. He was also dropped for the finals. Robertson and George weren't much chop though.

I'm not sure why Warne didn't play the match listed, but he played most of the rest of the series.

EDIT: And I'm sure that MacGill was lurking behind the scenes somewhere as well.
Not by 1995 IIRC.

That's pretty farcical from Australia.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
warner's one was worse
Well in some ways it was worse, you don't want to get out nicking a delivery that wide, but Warner is obviously an aggressive bat and he would often hit it out the middle of the bat for four, the two lbw's were tentative defensive prods with the bat tucked up behind the pad, the type of shot you'd expect more so against a spinner - meh dismissals, which could have been avoided with footwork and some intent.