• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon this score is about par. The time Australia got it in is well above par though, gives them a good chance for victory and makes it harder for SA to draw it obv.
Also means they could push for a win, but they'll need to actually bowl decently in the second dig.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Its amazing how sloppy SA have become as soon as Tahir come onto bowl. The fielding standards have noticeably slipped and he doesn't look like he is getting much support at all. He needs a hug, IMO.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i mean, it's just peter siddle has proven a lot more with the bat than pattinson. long term it's on the cards. right now, siddle is much more solid and much more likely to hang around and knock up a 20 (80) batting with a top order player (and remember, the number 8 is always batting with a proper batsman...)

lyon over hilf should have happened ages ago tho.
Siddle is a lower order player who can hang around, Pattinson is a lower order batsman who can thrive. Siddle should be looking to hang around with Pattinson/other batsmen.

Spark

Global Moderator
If Pattinson works hard on his batting he could deadset average 30+.

EDIT: Aw. Well, was fun while it lasted.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well that was a needless 20-30 runs that South Africa gave away there.

Feel bad for Tahir, I know county players are famously awful against leg spin but there is no way that he kept Hampshire up on his own in 2008 bowling like that. For the good of everyone though cannot see him playing test cricket again.

Spikey

Siddle is a lower order player who can hang around, Pattinson is a lower order batsman who can thrive. Siddle should be looking to hang around with Pattinson/other batsmen.
i just prefer the number 8 to be more grounded, more likely to tough it out and bat with the top order player. for the same reason, i pretty much always wanted nathan hauritz at 8 instead of 9, despite MJ himself being much much much more likely to smash a ton. pattinson's obv not the dick MJ is and is less likely to be 50 (50) or duck, but still, i'm comfortable with siddle batting above pattinson right now. obv pattinson will move ahead as he plays more test cricket. but you know, peter siddle was basically on fire with the bat to start the season off. that's why i responded 'lol no'. there's no-way it was on the cards.

benchmark00

i just prefer the number 8 to be more grounded, more likely to tough it out and bat with the top order player. for the same reason, i pretty much always wanted nathan hauritz at 8 instead of 9, despite MJ himself being much much much more likely to smash a ton. pattinson's obv not the dick MJ is and is less likely to be 50 (50) or duck, but still, i'm comfortable with siddle batting above pattinson right now. obv pattinson will move ahead as he plays more test cricket. but you know, peter siddle was basically on fire with the bat to start the season off. that's why i responded 'lol no'. there's no-way it was on the cards.
You have absolutely nothing to lose by swapping them, but so much to gain.

benchmark00

batting is about partnerships
But if worst comes to worst and Pattinson gets out cheaply, Siddle is there.

Best case scenario is Pattinson and whoever forge a 150+ partnership with the other batsman not having to shoulder the bulk of the scoring.

_Ed_

I could watch this for hours. I'm no Ponting hater - I'd probably enjoy it equally no matter who the batsman (NZers aside) was. It's just so spectacular.

Spikey

I could watch this for hours. I'm no Ponting hater - I'd probably enjoy it equally no matter who the batsman (NZers aside) was. It's just so spectacular.
what this gif doesn't show is how gracefully ponting picked himself up