Is the resurgence of West Indies players of sub-continental extraction a factor? For a very long time (between Kanhai and Kallicharan's retirements and Chanders's emergence, so a decade and a half at least) the Windies team seemed pretty much uniformly Afro-caribbean.
Chanders has been a feature for nearly two decades himself now (think he debuted in 94 in the test in which Lara first broke the test record, if my memory serves) but he's been joined by more and more Indo-caribbeans.
Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion
- As featured in The Independent.
"The PFA does not represent players when they have broken the law and been convicted on non-football matters."
- Gordon Taylor in 2009 following Marlon King's release after a prison sentence for sexual assault & ABH
chanders, narine, ramps, ramdin? sarwan. any more doing the rounds?
Narsingh Deonarine and Assad Fudadin.
It's a strong theory. I have read a couple of good articles on the subject.
And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW
Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta
Do Indo-Carribeans originate from India or are they of South American Indian's descent ?
Stupid question probably because probably Asian Indians. When did they start going to the Carribean?
They are all West Indian though, the Indo-Caribbeans still have parts of their culture from India intact, quite a few are Hindus
Last edited by NasserFan207; 13-10-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Whats that leggies name for Guyana? I remember in one of the Champions League's a few years ago Guyana had a Chinese sounding name as well.
Pretty similar here in the Republic then when the British or the Dutch East India Company brought the Indians to work on the sugar canes in Durban and the Malay's were brought to Cape Town as 'indentured labourers'.
Systems the wrong word, meant situation
Westindies can rise to the top in ODIs but to be among top 3 in tests what they have to do is
1) make the pitches faster with bounce.. they have become slower and lower(Lara affect me thinks) to encourage run scoring/stroke making and to bowl fast..
2) have a structure at the school and grass root level to identify the right players
3) Administer in the young minds the westindies pride ....i see the main problem is that since these are different nations in itself and when a distraction like IPL happens these players find it fine not to play for westindies..this should not be allowed to happen
4) find some tall fb's please
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)