• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Rahane, Badrinath, Rohit Sharma. If there isn't anyone in FC cricket who can score more than Sachin is averaging this year, the Indian side won't be Test class in a year. I highly doubt that you can't find someone that will do a little better than that.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I think people are more on Tendulkar's case because India are starting to lose/not play as well. I'm almost certain if India keep on winning test matches and doing well his form won't be that big a deal.

In any case he has himself said he plans on retiring soon, so despite his failings (and it really is disappointing for an Indian fan) I think we can just let him have this series + the Aussie series. If he's crap throughout the 8 test matches I'm sure he'll retire himself.

Also it's a big joke to pick on Sachin when Gambhir, Yuvraj, Dhoni (batting wise), and even Sehwag haven't done much either. It's not as if he's the only one letting the team down.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Who are you picking for Ashwin, big guy.
I said he'd be on a short leash, not dropped right away. If he is indeed dropped, and India need another spinner, I'd have to look at the FC lists to see who is doing well. If you can't find a spinner who will bowl better than he has been, then you might as well not play a second spinner.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Not in every case. Considering the situation of how he's bowled and under what circumstances, in this case, yes. He didn't do well overseas either (to be expected - but to make up for that he at least has to tear up at home vs leading sides. Otherwise, what's the point?)

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
I think its worth pointing out that Tendulkar's not getting out to **** shots as is the case in most of the dismissals so for all the talk about him been bad the people in to replace Laxman and Ganguly haven't performed either.

Also Jono your either in denial about the world's greatest image or your internet is ****ter than Kohli's shot selection.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think its worth pointing out that Tendulkar's not getting out to **** shots as is the case in most of the dismissals so for all the talk about him been bad the people in to replace Laxman and Ganguly haven't performed either.

Also Jono your either in denial about the world's greatest image or your internet is ****ter than Kohli's shot selection.
What was wrong with his shot selection? Purely an issue with execution, unless you think trying to put away full tosses is bad shot selection.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
A shot doesn't have to look egregiously bad like the one Tendulkar got out to in the last game. You can still manage to look decent while getting out but it's the minor lapses in reflexes and judgment that are the more worrying aspect. The straight one he got out to this innings...I'm sure he would've got that long stride in an year or two ago. No way would he have played back to that on a pitch like this.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
A shot doesn't have to look egregiously bad like the one Tendulkar got out to in the last game. You can still manage to look decent while getting out but it's the minor lapses in reflexes and judgment that are the more worrying aspect. The straight one he got out to this innings...I'm sure he would've got that long stride in an year or two ago. No way would he have played back to that on a pitch like this.
If that was aimed at me (not sure) I was referring to Kohli.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
150 and India can win. Definitely not a case of "wins", and definitely not with only 120.
I think Indian can win with 120. I don't think they will, England would probably chase it 4 down or something, but they'd be in the game.