• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

BoyBrumby

Englishman
They didn't exactly give him turners like this though, IIRC.

Again, not saying this is a minefield, but it's a genuinely turning wicket.
Could spin it on glass, tbf.

Without wanting to go over the same bollock-crushing CW tropes, I find it interesting that Warne's less than stellar Indian record is sometimes used as a stick to beat him with when Murali's is pretty ordinary too.

I'd always assumed his record in India must've been on a par with the rest of his career.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Why must we continue to build partnerships that start nurturing shoots of hope that something incredible might come to pass? Am I going to have to get up at 4am again tomorrow?

Ruckus

International Captain
Are England even gonna go for a token attempt at a win here, or are they just content with settling for a draw if possible? Surely with this small deficit gaining a lead is going to be a somewhat valuable time saver anyway...although with Sehwag there that could be a moot point.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ahh the old "Sehwag will put time back into the game by scoring fast second innings runs" chestnut again. Gets me every time. :laugh:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Are England even gonna go for a token attempt at a win here, or are they just content with settling for a draw if possible? Surely with this small deficit gaining a lead is going to be a somewhat valuable time saver anyway...although with Sehwag there that could be a moot point.
Shall we worry about scrubbing off the deficit first?!

A draw will feel like a win...

Spark

Global Moderator
If - and it's a huge if - they're still batting after lunch tomorrow, it's on the cards.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Be nice to be in a position tomorrow where Swann and Broad can go gungho for an hour to give us a chance of saving the match anyway. Won't happen, bound to fall in a heap as soon as the next wicket goes.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Without wanting to go over the same bollock-crushing CW tropes, I find it interesting that Warne's less than stellar Indian record is sometimes used as a stick to beat him with when Murali's is pretty ordinary too.

I'd always assumed his record in India must've been on a par with the rest of his career.
Its used against him a lot. Surprised this is the first you've heard of Murali's bad record in India.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator

Yeah, I'd always assumed likewise. In fact I kinda rated Murali higher than Warne based on a thought that Murali had a good record in India :oops:

Look, I think they're obviously still trying to score, but Dhoni has set defensive fielders with sweepers for both batsmen. England are in no means a situation where they can try and score quickly with such defensive tactics employed, as it would mean taking extreme risks.

Save the game first, then think about winning it.