• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Domestic Thread 2012/13

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Double ton for yuvraj. Too bad Espnstar are showing it on their HD channel, wanted to see him play as its such a joy to watch him play. 4 wickets for Praveen Kumar. Would be interesting to see how he performs in the upcoming domestic season

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No idea why he's been shunned all of a sudden just because of injury, didn't even get a game for ROI recently. Was the only bowler who was half decent in England.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
No idea why he's been shunned all of a sudden just because of injury, didn't even get a game for ROI recently. Was the only bowler who was half decent in England.
He should have certainly made the ROI team. However, he is someone I'd want in the Test team if fully fit but if he is a bit unfit and going to bowl 115kph at any point due to fatigue or niggles, then I'm not too interested. When he is up around 125kph though, I think he can be a very good Test bowler.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
He looked completely out of form in CB series and Asia Cup, Still hope he regains form that he displayed in England in the upcoming domestic matches, want to see how he performs in indian conditions as he has pretty awesome domestic record

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
East Zone are at 214/9, and Ishank Jaggi is unbeaten on 88. Four wickets for Jalaj Saxena. Nothing to look forward to in this match, really.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Do you see a chance for Mohammed Kaif in the Test and ODI sides? With the seniors falling out of favour or retiring, and a young, new-look team likely, there should be a chance for Kaif, as a senior hand in the side, although Badrinath is also an option.

Robin Bist has played 42 matches, and if he can keep the runs flowing till he completes 50, you have another prospect alongside Kohli, Rahane and Pujara, and if Rajasthan win the trophy again, even more so.

We don't see too many left-handed openers doing well in the scene, bar Dhawan and Mukund.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Umesh Yadav is India's frontline pacer. He just helped bowl Vidarbha to victory over Haryana. Could have won it single-handedly.

Punjab, with batting contributions from Harbhajan Singh, are all over Hyderabad. We won't see the centurion and double-centurion in contention for a place in the national side, but they've done their bit in flattening the team with VVS Laxman in their ranks. Oh, and Pragyan Ojha went for over 200 runs in 50 overs, with two wickets. Harbhajan, on the other hand, was very tight, going for under two an over, but didn't pick up wickets.

Ishant Sharma struggled against UP, who scored big with contributions from Dagar, Kaif (still trying to prove a point) and Praveen Kumar (also trying to prove a point after being left out lately)- the first choice as India's swing bowler also took a few wickets (still trying to prove a point, in more ways). Is he an alternative to Irfan Pathan, for Tests? Maybe another match will tell. Meanwhile, there's an injury concern for Sehwag.

Rishi Dhawan may be a better alternative for Pathan than Praveen, but a little too raw. Figures in 16 games are delicious (four wickets a game, a century in this game and four fifties) but he hasn't yet run through a batting side. He's held up his batting side in this game, though.

As for Irfan Pathan himself, he too scored a century, to stay in the hunt for a place in the Test side. Not too many wickets to show, though Baroda rolled over Karnataka and have a firm grip on the game. Maybe in the second dig he'll get more than a few. The century, and a few wickets, will make him a proper contender for the revolving door number six position (and the only way to lock that door is with a bowler).

Mumbai vs Railways is being played on a flat deck. Centuries for Tendulkar, Rahane and even Nayar. Rohit Sharma must be kicking himself, but reports indicate he was unlucky to be run-out, and made his sentiment clear.

Daemon

Been a year and a couple of days since Sreesanth last played any sort of professional cricket. Suck it Teja.

ViruTheBest

Banned
Umesh Yadav is India's frontline pacer. He just helped bowl Vidarbha to victory over Haryana. Could have won it single-handedly.

Punjab, with batting contributions from Harbhajan Singh, are all over Hyderabad. We won't see the centurion and double-centurion in contention for a place in the national side, but they've done their bit in flattening the team with VVS Laxman in their ranks. Oh, and Pragyan Ojha went for over 200 runs in 50 overs, with two wickets. Harbhajan, on the other hand, was very tight, going for under two an over, but didn't pick up wickets.

Ishant Sharma struggled against UP, who scored big with contributions from Dagar, Kaif (still trying to prove a point) and Praveen Kumar (also trying to prove a point after being left out lately)- the first choice as India's swing bowler also took a few wickets (still trying to prove a point, in more ways). Is he an alternative to Irfan Pathan, for Tests? Maybe another match will tell. Meanwhile, there's an injury concern for Sehwag.

Rishi Dhawan may be a better alternative for Pathan than Praveen, but a little too raw. Figures in 16 games are delicious (four wickets a game, a century in this game and four fifties) but he hasn't yet run through a batting side. He's held up his batting side in this game, though.

As for Irfan Pathan himself, he too scored a century, to stay in the hunt for a place in the Test side. Not too many wickets to show, though Baroda rolled over Karnataka and have a firm grip on the game. Maybe in the second dig he'll get more than a few. The century, and a few wickets, will make him a proper contender for the revolving door number six position (and the only way to lock that door is with a bowler).

Mumbai vs Railways is being played on a flat deck. Centuries for Tendulkar, Rahane and even Nayar. Rohit Sharma must be kicking himself, but reports indicate he was unlucky to be run-out, and made his sentiment clear.
I think Praveen Kumar should be in the test squad above Irfan. He bowled well in the England series and has earnt the right to have a few more matches to see what he can do in conditions which are not as suited to his bowling. Ishant being in the test team is a mistake. He averages close to 40 and has already played 45 tests at a young age. He needs one year of domestic and county. Simply choosing him sends out the wrong message to him and it's detrimental to the team in the long term.

Daemon

I think Praveen Kumar should be in the test squad above Irfan. He bowled well in the England series and has earnt the right to have a few more matches to see what he can do in conditions which are not as suited to his bowling. Ishant being in the test team is a mistake. He averages close to 40 and has already played 45 tests at a young age. He needs one year of domestic and county. Simply choosing him sends out the wrong message to him and it's detrimental to the team in the long term.
County standard is appalling and should not be considered

Teja.

Global Moderator
Been a year and a couple of days since Sreesanth last played any sort of professional cricket. Suck it Teja.

"I have had six operations on my feet. I have steel rods and two steel screws [inserted] as well. The only international athlete who has done it like me is the tennis player Lleyton Hewitt. He was a former World No 1 tennis player and he has returned to play,”

“When I read that Hewitt had the same surgery on his leg, he became my motivation. The only difference is he had the same surgery like mine on one leg, but I had it on two legs.”

Hope you feel as bad as deserve to, ****. :(

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Jadeja is not out on 271. Saurashtra have taken the lead, records left to be broken. Jadeja could join Wasim Jaffer and VVS Laxman as the only men to have scored two Ranji triples

Jadeja for tests?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Or one triple century for everyone's favourite punching bag, Rohit Sharma, to stake a claim for Tests again?

Plenty of pitches throwing up big scores on both sides, which is disappointing. The only pitch that offered anything in it for the bowlers was the one in Shimoga, for the TN/Kar match, only for the spinners not being up to the task.

This race for first-innings leads is rather disappointing.

Player of the week- definitely Mithun Manhas. Wickets falling in a hurry, and he's the only one getting a century there.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Or one triple century for everyone's favourite punching bag, Rohit Sharma, to stake a claim for Tests again?
If not the bat, he does it with the ball. 6-wicket haul follows the triple century in the first match..Can't recall Rohit Sharma doing it anytime..