• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Do you have Imran in your AT XI ? If yes then please post your team.
I consider Kallis to be the greatest African player of all time. However, I’m sure more people would have Steyn in their AT XI than Kallis. Does that mean Kallis is not the greatest African cricketer of all time?

Logan

U19 Captain
Regarding Muralitharan, I think there is an extreme bias against him even from the cricketing community.

In the decade of 2000s alone, he took 565 Test wickets, more than what McGrath took in his entire career. He took 335 ODI wickets that decade, more than what Warne took in his ODI career.

Yet a panel of 38 “experts” decided to not have Muralitharan among even the Top 3 players of the decade.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Regarding Muralitharan, I think there is an extreme bias against him even from the cricketing community.

In the decade of 2000s alone, he took 565 Test wickets, more than what McGrath took in his entire career. He took 335 ODI wickets that decade, more than what Warne took in his ODI career.

Yet a panel of 38 “experts” decided to not have Muralitharan among even the Top 3 players of the decade.
Pretty simple really, he chucked instead of bowled, has always been the only question about him

Logan

U19 Captain
A genuine question.

Do most Australian cricket fans have a problem with Murali’s action because they couldn’t accept that someone from a small island called SriLanka was better than their own spinner Shane Warne?

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
A genuine question.

Do most Australian cricket fans have a problem with Murali’s action because they couldn’t accept that someone from a small island called SriLanka was better than their own spinner Shane Warne?
This is again a racist post that Australia hated Sri Lanka players. Anyone that doesnt like Murali is because he was a chucker rather than a real test bowler

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
This is again a racist post that Australia hated Sri Lanka players. Anyone that doesnt like Murali is because he was a chucker rather than a real test bowler
It is a bit too much to expect someone who can't distinguish between what is a region and a race to decipher who is a chucker and who is not

aussie tragic

International Captain
It is a bit too much to expect someone who can't distinguish between what is a region and a race to decipher who is a chucker and who is not
Did you read his post or just attack me regardless?

"Do most Australian cricket fans have a problem with Murali’s action because they couldn’t accept that someone from a small island called SriLanka was better than their own spinner Shane Warne"

How is that not racist in that Australia think SL is ****?

Slifer

International Captain
Imran Khan is the greatest Asian cricketer. That's really not up for debate. Atg bowler, handy batsman, did outstandingly vs the great team of his time, led Pakistan to a WC win etc. Nothing the other contenders with the exception of maybe Murali really compares tbh. People downgrading him because he doesn't make a few ATG XI is laughable. I've seen someone use the Kallis argument which is legitimate. Kallis is the greatest South African cricketer but he doesn't make many AT XI either. Had Imran been from India, and accomplished for India what he did for Pakistan, this wouldn't be a debate.

h_hurricane

Did you read his post or just attack me regardless?

"Do most Australian cricket fans have a problem with Murali’s action because they couldn’t accept that someone from a small island called SriLanka was better than their own spinner Shane Warne"

How is that not racist in that Australia think SL is ****?
Lol. Only thing he is exposing is your own flawed understanding of what that term means. He asked a valid question on who many would think is the greatest Asian cricketer ever. And you brought racism into it.

And indeed, many Australians here do have a problem with Murali. And calling it out doesn't make him a racist. Ridiculous..

Next what, lets call Asian games as Racist games.

h_hurricane

Imran Khan is the greatest Asian cricketer. That's really not up for debate. Atg bowler, handy batsman, did outstandingly vs the great team of his time, led Pakistan to a WC win etc. Nothing the other contenders with the exception of maybe Murali really compares tbh. People downgrading him because he doesn't make a few ATG XI is laughable. I've seen someone use the Kallis argument which is legitimate. Kallis is the greatest South African cricketer but he doesn't make many AT XI either. Had Imran been from India, and accomplished for India what he did for Pakistan, this wouldn't be a debate.
You are ignoring that based on the evidence so far, the number of Indians here who consider Imran the greatest asian cricketer decently outnumber those who don't.

sunilz

International Regular
Wisden cricketer of the century votes
Imran Khan :13
Gavaskar :12
So even Wisden doesn't consider him undisputed greatest Asian cricketer

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
A genuine question.

I, and many other Australians have no problem with Murali’s action. If people can’t accept that he was cleared by the ICC well thats their own problem. Perhaps they should read the actual papers written.

Spark

Global Moderator
A genuine question.

**** post, no relevance to the topic, obvious trolling. Have an infraction.

Such a racist post going under the Radar. Imagine what would happen if it was posted "who is the greatest white cricketer of all time".
You can have one too for starting this whole garbage fire.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Pretty simple really, he chucked instead of bowled, has always been the only question about him
Nah.. he did not. And never has been the question against him for most unbiased observers. And FMD, there are cricketing reasons for someone to rate Warne ahead of Murali, not always this crap.

Last edited:

Logan

U19 Captain
Ridiculous to have a women cricketer included in that list. Political correctness.

This isn’t a gender bias.

Wisden could have published a Top 5 Women cricketers if it wanted.