• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Do you think the decision to bat Hughes at three is a tactical decision or is it based on where he bats for Australia? To me Hughes is a far better opener than No. 3.

Where to bat Rapahel and Klinger though?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Do you think the decision to bat Hughes at three is a tactical decision or is it based on where he bats for Australia? To me Hughes is a far better opener than No. 3.

Where to bat Rapahel and Klinger though?
I think it's just to get him some more experience there, especially since Rapahel and Klinger are openers anyway. I reckon Klinger would've batted three if SA were picking their team purely tactically.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Over 1.1: Sheridan to Raphael, no run, full and wide, Raphael in his first Shield innings watches it go past, Sheridan falls over in his follow-through

this must be the guy who told us north got bowled by a full straight one...when it was a long hop outside off that he pulled onto his stumps

oldmancraigy

U19 12th Man
I think it's just to get him some more experience there, especially since Rapahel and Klinger are openers anyway. I reckon Klinger would've batted three if SA were picking their team purely tactically.
The High Performance unit would've told them to rest Hughes if they tried to open with him :D

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Does anyone know if admission to the shield will still be free after the redevelopment of Adelaide Oval?
I'd expect so since only a handful of people turn up anyway.

brockley

International Captain
England Lions squad (revised) to play Australia A
James Taylor (Nottinghamshire) (Capt)
Gary Ballance (Yorkshire)
Scott Borthwick (Durham)
Danny Briggs (Hampshire)
Varun Chopra (Warwickshire)
Rikki Clarke (Warwickshire)
Matthew Coles (Kent)
Ben Foakes (Essex)
Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire)
Simon Kerrigan (Lancashire)
Stuart Meaker (Surrey)
Craig Overton (Somerset)
Toby Roland-Jones (Middlesex)
Ben Stokes (Durham)
Reece Topley (Essex)
James Vince (Hampshire)
Chris Wright (Warwickshire)

Tas Second XI Tour NZ
Tas 2nd xl tour to NZ,its close.

Spikey

lyon breaks the trend of every dismissed batsman having an 1 in their score. WAC

and Mennie is #betterthanchristian

Top_Cat

Does anyone know if admission to the shield will still be free after the redevelopment of Adelaide Oval?
I'd expect so since only a handful of people turn up anyway.
Reckon that's why they'll move Shield games to Glenelg.