• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
NSW's SS squad vs Qld: Clarke (c), Bollinger, Copeland, Haddin (wk), Hazlewood, Henry, Maddinson, Nevill, O'Keefe, Starc, Warner, Watson.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
warner
nevill
watson
clarkeh
maddinson
haddin
sok
copeland
starc
bollinger
haze

sorry henry! we need 6 bowlers

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Made the right call with the bowlers IMO.

Although they could live without one of the quicks!

Last edited:

Spikey

WACA's shocking start to the season continues; MJ signs for Brisbane in the BigBash

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
FFS though. This is why Cummins or Starc should have played the A game. Cummins hasn't played a FC game for nearly a year, and the one time he's actually fit and available, NSW have a full strength squad for likely the only time this season.

benchmark00

Cricket Australia have already come out and commented on how they've figured out the number of full intensity bowling days a fast bowler can have in a season, so they're obviously just trying to manage that ahead of the test series with regards to Cummins.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I don't see how you can even be considering someone for tests if they've gone a year without playing FC cricket, and just bowling pies in T20.

Spikey

CA's line is that they want him in Brisbane...to uh prepare by himself.

I feel he's basically been dropped

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Look, I understand the issues with workload, but it all seems a bit overboard IMO. I mean what, is the plan for him to not play any FC cricket for NSW, have him wrapped up in cotton wool, and then unleashed in a must win Ashes test?

It's like a not so extreme version of Atul Sharma FFS.

Spikey

i wonder if nsw have to announce their 'reserve' players for the 4th day before the match starts

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Look, I understand the issues with workload, but it all seems a bit overboard IMO. I mean what, is the plan for him to not play any FC cricket for NSW, have him wrapped up in cotton wool, and then unleashed in a must win Ashes test?

It's like a not so extreme version of Atul Sharma FFS.
Alternatively, seeing as the Aus bowling coach was over at the CL, and Cummins struggled in the latter parts, they see the need for him to do some extra work before using him in the upcoming Shield and Ryobi Cup Games before Perth, which is still over a month away.

Last edited:

Spikey

Frankly, Perth seems like a pipe dream unless Cummins tears it apart in his, now, one full shield game. Maybe Hobart...

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Alternatively, seeing as the Aus bowling coach was over at the CL, and Cummins struggled in the latter parts, they see the need for him to do some extra work before using him in the upcoming Shield Games before Perth, which is still over a month away.
Yeah, I don't have an issue with him not playing on merit, although I would have liked him to have played the A game if that was to be the case. But if it is, as Bency suggested, a case of them not picking him because they want to save him for tests, then I don't agree.

Spikey

nsw 2nd xi was 2/308. then 7/313. then 8/321. then 9/370. then 9/465 and declaring. makes sense