• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Forrest is sorta like Marsh all over again. Except the highs weren't as high and the lows not as low.

Going through the posts I missed

I used to be a very proud member of the Scott Coyte Hate Club but I really do think he's improved his bowling quite a bit over the 18 months or so, so I don't mind if he ends up back in the setup really. I think I'd prefer him playing Shield cricket to Abbott at this point.

totally agree. scott coyte's return last season was basically our only feel good story for the season. i mean, i legitimately had faith in him in those shield matches at the end of last season. i was pretty surprised he didn't get offered a contract really.

I think so. Just found it crazy that (Marsh)'s got the 9th best average in the team.
(and other Marsh batting posts)

I've got Mitch Marsh marked down as a future Tom Cooper/Luke Butterworth. Basically all his good batting performances have come against nsw/sydney sixers. ****er

Also if George and Richardson aren't injured, it was a poor call to drop them.
Quite like the move to drop George. Dude doesn't take wickets outside of Hobart

Aside from that one time against NSW. ****er.

Didn't watch any of today, so how is Lyon bowling?

it hasn't been easy for lyon. when he plays for sa, he doesn't get to bowl against 8-11

i kid i kid

Him or Handscomb as a bat, Finch had a nightmare of a year last year. Was cultivating a decent record before that, and has reportedly been the standout in the preseason matches this season.

More my point being Hastings at 7 is a spot too high, to fit in all five bowlers (Hasto, McKay, Sids, Patto, Holland).
He def should have played in hindsight, but the seamers were all playing and Holland, on the back of actually performing decently those couple of times last season, has a secure spot for the next 4 seasons. so.

on a related note, lol @ lynn. what a fall from grace.

SeamUp

International Coach
Not the best of first matches for Johan Botha. Got a miracle job to do in Adeliade it seems.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Lynn is a problem, he was earmarked for sure, but looked worse than Cooper and Ferguson, but at least they still get picked. We don't even have one young batsman in shield cricket who has even established himself at that level. Imagine if Mussey or Clarke miss a test, we have zero options. Scary. Especially if Haddin is the best option as a batsman.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Lynn is a problem, he was earmarked for sure, but looked worse than Cooper and Ferguson, but at least they still get picked. We don't even have one young batsman in shield cricket who has even established himself at that level. Imagine if Mussey or Clarke miss a test, we have zero options. Scary. Especially if Haddin is the best option as a batsman.
Not exactly young, but surely George Bailey would come in for Muss or Clarke!

Just having a look of the batsman who played for Australia A recently and although early doors, the stats don't look that impressive at all..

Davis 97 @ 24.25
Cowan 60 @ 20.00
Klinger 7 @ 3.50
Forrest 51 @ 12.75
Paine 63 @ 31.50
Burns 76 @ 19.00
Cooper 30 @ 7.50
Hughes 218 @ 54.50

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
presumably nsw. that he feels the need to cover up the nsw shield but not the ca logo says a lot about the man. hopefully someone from north sydney hit him with a pad.