Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    and as I keep on saying, and it seems to be washed up with the rest, it contravenes ICC rules, which is enough reason to drop him in itself, and the Saffie players may have reported it for that reason. With their history they probably don't want to be in breach.
    I probably missed this but why is this against ICC rules. I assumed he was texted at night or after the game rather than during the hours of play. Is it illegal for him to text the opposition during the game?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Sending a text message to a dude at 9pm does not break ICC rules.

I assume. I mean, it'd be totally insane to ban players from using all electronic media during a test match. I'm totally with KP ****ing off to the IPL if that's actually the case, but i'm 99% sure isn't.
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Indeed. He must have a chemical imbalance in the brain or something, as surely someone with a modicum of intelligence would see the potential dangers in doing something so obviously stupid.
    hey it's KP's fault that he sent texts. If he had any that you said above, he wouldn't have

Nasseir, Vaughan and now KP.

Quote Originally Posted by theegyptian View Post
    I probably missed this but why is this against ICC rules. I assumed he was texted at night or after the game rather than during the hours of play. Is it illegal for him to text the opposition during the game?
    I'm reasonably sure that covert communication between teams during matches was illegal. Mind you I read it somewhere, so I could be wrong, don't mind being proven so, if anyone could clarify I'd be happy
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

I'm reasonably sure that covert communication between teams during matches was illegal. Mind you I read it somewhere, so I could be wrong, don't mind being proven so, if anyone could clarify I'd be happy
    That's just stupid, if so. KP's fault seems to be that he left an electronic trail instead of merely slagging his team mates off to the opposition over a cold one at the end of day's play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    That's just stupid, if so. KP's fault seems to be that he left an electronic trail instead of merely slagging his team mates off to the opposition over a cold one at the end of day's play.
    Look the point is he could be sending code messages, in the end it's just sensible to wait until after the match. Anywat Escape to Victory has reacged it's climax, so stop being a buzzkill.

kevin O'calloghan ffs.
    Last edited by grecian; 12-08-2012 at 10:58 AM.

Look the point is he could be sending code messages, in the end it's just sensible to wait until after the match. Anywat Escape to Victory has reacged it's climax, so stop being a buzzkill.

kevin O'calloghan ffs.
    He could send out code messages in person too. Unless the ECB have a blanket ban on fraternising with the enemy in any form and manner, it doesn't make sense to single out a medium.

I don't care about the texts. I don't care about what he has to say and I don't care who he said it to. I care not a jot about Andrew Strauss' hurt feelings and I don't especially don't give a flying **** about why KP did any of it.

I'm a selfish **** and I care about the actual cricket. I want to see KP play and I want to punch a wall.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    I don't care about the texts. I don't care about what he has to say and I don't care who he said it to. I care not a jot about Andrew Strauss' hurt feelings and I don't especially don't give a flying **** about why KP did any of it.

I'm a selfish **** and I care about the actual cricket. I want to see KP play and I want to punch a wall.
    Quite

It's an International side and a few fragile/easily bruised egos is inevitable

They're not the Upper Whiteacre Vets 2nd XI ffs

I care about the actual cricket too, and it's precisely for that reason I'm in favour of him being left out. Hurt feelings have nothing to do with it.

I agree with sledger's views and respect the ECB for doing what they did.

It does not really matter if a player has a massive ego and is a bit of a **** but no player who tries to play around with his board and try to push it to it's limits and then try to take advantage of a good game should be picked to play in a team game such as test cricket. We don't need that sort of **** here.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    He could send out code messages in person too. Unless the ECB have a blanket ban on fraternising with the enemy in any form and manner, it doesn't make sense to single out a medium.
    I thought they had, during test matches anyway.

Cricket Web Staff Member Woodster's Avatar
    Didn't see his exclusion from the final Test coming. Clearly with the squad announcement being delayed this was always a possibility but after the video thought that was under the ECB's request in order to retain his Test place. Little did I know at the time this was supposedly released without any ECB approval.

This undermines our chances of drawing the series and remaining at number one, with KP in such scintillating form at Headingley, so I'm certain this wasn't a decision taken lightly. Unfortunately KP has to understand there are consequences to his actions, he admits on the video that he makes mistakes, so does everyone, just because he admits that doesn't mean there shouldn't be any repercussions. He shouldn't be texting the opposition about his management and team-mates, he shouldn't be giving demands over his IPL career, he shouldn't be able to pick and choose what games he plays when he's contracted to the ECB. I'm sure there is scope for negotiation in these aspects, he's just been ill-adivsed and gone about it all in the wrong way.

Andy Flower has to show everyone the team comes first, and while weakening the team looks like a funny way of doing that, he cannot, and will not, allow players to think they can dictate how certain things should pan out.

After Headingley all we should have been discussing is where in the list of great Test innings does his 149 fit in, as it turned out, that appeared to be the last on KP's mind and subsequently the last thing people want to talk about when he gives the media such headline provoking interviews/press conferences.

After I saw that innings I instantly began writing an article containing many superlatives and how he has surely won over his harshest critics, then before I'd finished it it quickly became clear this was not the KP issue people wanted to read about.
    Last edited by Woodster; 12-08-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    http://batallday.blogspot.com/ - Cricket blog dedicated to domestic cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post

Just seems like something that could have been dealt with after the series with a fine or something. This just seems to have come down to a battle of egos and it is unfortunate that we will not get to see KP in such a critical test.
    K.P does need to take some blame in all of this though, if for nothing else than know who your true friends are. That was borderline assanine.
    1st XI
    Hutton | Hobbs | Bradman* | Richards^ | Tendulkar | Sobers5^ | Gilchrist+ | Khan3 | Marshall1 | Warne4^ | McGrath2
    2nd XI
    Sutcliffe | Gavaskar* | Headley | Chappell^ | Lara^ | Kallis5^ | Knott+ | Hadlee3 | Ambrose2 | Lillee1 | Muralitharan4
    3rd XI
    Greenidge | Richards^ | Ponting^ | Pollock | Hammond^ | Worrell5* | Waite+ | Akram3 | Steyn1 | Holding2 | O'Reilly4
    4th XI
    Morris | Simpson^ | Sangakkara | Weekes^ | Border*^ | Walcott+ | Faulkner5 | Laker4 | Trueman1 | Garner3 | Donald2

Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread Information