• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The days of having a beer with the other team after the game is gone.

Now so are the days of messages the other team.

Next thing you want be able to even have some banter on the field.

Getting dropped for sending a text message is pretty sad.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a bit dire if so, isn't it? Pretty dirty stuff.
Nah I don't think they would be so sly as to predict it would have got him dropped. In any case I can hardly blame them, KP has given them some leverage to get the upper hand and they took it. Fair play.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Someone explain the text message thing. Been doing **** for the last two weeks or whatever so haven't had a chance to keep up.

Spikey

kp sent text matches to the great men, ab and steyn, during the last test that i dunno know said mean things about flower and strauss and...well somehow we found out about them and now here we are

flibbertyjibber

Someone explain the text message thing. Been doing **** for the last two weeks or whatever so haven't had a chance to keep up.
KP is supposed to have sent Steyn and ABDV text messages during the last test slagging off Flower and Strauss and England in general. If true then he had to apologise, he hasn't so has been dropped.

KP is like the boy who cried wolf, never his fault always someone else to blame.

benchmark00

And who are the telephone service providers for the South African players? Do they get good rates for international roaming?

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I'm shocked, but at the same time this has Flower's hands all over it. He's definitely a guy who doesn't take crap

Spikey

Have the texts been released? Do we know exactly what they say?
We don't know, it's why he's been dropped, he hasn't handed them over. So i guess he's guilty before innocent, although having had a chance to defend himself (by releasing them).

Spikey

just imagine the texts nathan hauritz was sending out about xaiver doherty and ricky ponting when he got dropped.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Yeah but can you see KP coming back with his history of hissy fits?
maybe that's the test. ECB thought it's a bit too easy for KP to make this video and come back as if nothing happend. They've possibly told him ' your dropped for this game but keep quiet for a while and you'll be back in for india'. The test is for KP to stay quiet.

Spark

Global Moderator
That's even more bull**** if so. Test selection is not the place to be playing metagames and playing chicken.