• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vettori vs Rehman vs Herath

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Vettori would've had a lot more success as a bowler if he'd had two or three really good quickest bowl with.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As a bowler Vettori is definitely the worst of the three at the moment. I'd take Rehman over Herath but there's not much in that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
comeon man! the way the whole kiwi team has been playing, show me one player whom u can straight away say that "Yes, this guy has performed for us consistently for the past decade".

I dont think there is any such player and chris martin only comes near.
Even if true, that just means New Zealand are ****. It doesn't make Vettori a better player just because he ranks higher in his own side.

Flem274*

123/5
Vettori would've had a lot more success as a bowler if he'd had two or three really good quickest bowl with.
Or quicks even.....:)
He has been bowling with some guys who have been doing well, and he's doing far worse.

We skittled Australia and the Windies without him in the side. With him in the side we looked like we lacked some extra penetration.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Rehman and Hearth are just about level. I do believe Shakib will be better then both. Rehman has really come off age he's the ultimate SLA can keep it tight when the situation demands it and if you give him a helpful track he will outbowl Ajmal 6 times off 10, at times I feel he overdoes his defensive duties and bowl really flat when he's mixing his flatties with his spinning deliveries he is as dangerous as any spinner can be.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
He has been bowling with some guys who have been doing well, and he's doing far worse.

We skittled Australia and the Windies without him in the side. With him in the side we looked like we lacked some extra penetration.
Is he one of the best six bats in NZ in your opinion?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Is he one of the best six bats in NZ in your opinion?
imo Yes in last five years, easily. Though he's gone through a wretched run in the last year or at least since that 96 in Brisbane. I also have doubts that he wants to see himself as a batsman and take responsibility of batting at six. That's a problem because his bowling is just not worth enough for him to bat at eight in the current NZ side.

Winsome

Cricket Spectator
Better Bowler

Rehman is quality but he's usually bowling in tandem with Saeed Ajmal, which I think makes it much easier for him. Herath, on the other hand, doesn't have the same quality of bowler at the other end to keep the pressure on the batsmen, but still seems to be getting the job done.

For that reason, I'd put Herath just above Rehman, Vettori 3rd.

FWIW, I'd rank Shakib Al Hasan ahead of Vettori at the moment. Deonarine took more wickets in one test [6/80, 2nd test vs NZ] than Vettori has taken in 2012 [5], that's how innocuous Vettori has become of late.
Rehman is better than the others left arm bowlers.
He's the pair with Ajmal but he is also a talented bowler
my list would be
1. Rehman
2. Vettori
3. Herath